Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone still happily using Natural Balance??

heff101

Default Re: Is anyone still happily using Natural Balance??

I was really happy with Natural Balance....after I threw the bag in the garbage.
    Switched to Royal Canin Bulldog formula. Heff is doing great on it and hardly any gas!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    I was really happy with Natural Balance....after I threw the bag in the garbage.
    Switched to Royal Canin Bulldog formula. Heff is doing great on it and hardly any gas!
    Ugh.. Haha. That's how I felt with the instinct. We just used royal canin gastro intestinal for a week to calm ruckus' belly. We just finished transitioning from the RC to natural balance and so far so good. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Yup..our next trial will also be Natural Balance..I know too many bullies doing well on it not to try! I'm staying with Fromm for a couple more bags though!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 10-22-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Piamitch i was wondering if you had thought of maybe adding some canned food to his diet to give him some more water to help loosen him up some. also the natural balance is a good food for dogs with allergies and the new alpha line has more ingredients but does have more protein in it. also taste of the wild has two formulas salmon and lamb that are lower protein. there is also a food ive been looking at called pure vita made by nutri source that is limited ingredient also. they use peas and sweet potato instead of regular potatoes. they have a turkey and a salmon one also. its not nutro but nutri source. i so hope he gets better i know you have had a time with food.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 10-22-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom, I know adding wet is an option but never had to before. Ruckus is back to pooping normal. I think the NVI was just too much of something for his system. Honestly I'm happy it was food related and not a medical concern. Right now were all switched to Natural Balance LID sweet potato& salmon. He looks great, shiny, whitest whites, and pooping normal. He is still on one of the antibiotics for a few more days, but he finished the other antibiotic and no more stool softener for a week now. Keeping fingers crossed it stays this way!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Piamitch i am so happy he is better. thats all we want for our bullies is to be healthy.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

well earlier this evening I fed Jack a full serving of Natural Balance's LID Lamb Meal ..
    After 3 days of weening him from NVI I m starting to see his red bumps go away....

I still have my fingers, toes ,eyes and cough cough crossed though.. I'm hoping that by the next 2 weeks or so I continue to see improvement....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Good luck! This food stuff is torture @Jack Daniels!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Oh good deal @Jack Daniels I hope it keeps up let us know

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dulcinea (Rosie)
    Likes (Received)

Good Question. Since Rosie only has 3 teeth and other medical issues, I am feeding her Orijen and Taste of the Wild dry foods, but I mix them with Natural Balance Bison and Sweet Potato per my vet's instructions. I always look up foods on the ratings lists and saw that Natural Balance has droopped to around 2 or 3 stars depending on the reviewing list, and so I asked the vet why I should use it. He said it has a lower rating because the canned food only has a couple of ingredients - not enough to make it a complete meal. so, he said that it is still a very good food to use and mix with the dry food for my toothless girl.

I've also discovered (which you all probably know already) that many of the 5 and 6 star rated foods have dropped to 2 stars because of being sold to Proctor an Gamble. Proctor and Gamble is has changed the name it's distributes the food under so you really have to research both the food and the manufacturer. I'm talking about foods such as Innova, Evo and other previously good foods. I'm always concerned with food recalls and regularly check the FDA Food Recall list. Pet Food Recall Products List I'm new here so this may be old news to all of you, buying food on ratings only is risky because they can change quickly depending on who owns and manufactures them. Taste of the Wild is a 6 star rated food, but is actually manufactured by Diamond Company under another name. Diamond was one of the companies associated with hundreds of pet deaths with their crummy food. I am taking the chance that they have cleaned up their act and their food is okay. But I just needed to vent a little about the dog foods still being made and the constance vigilance we must keep.

PS. No one food will suit every dog all the time. The plan is to find the one(s) that work the best for your dog.
    Last edited by sleet; 10-25-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@sleet i was wondering why the vet was having you mix in nb with the other food you are feeding. and orijen is excellent food. it is the only company that will state in writing that they do not use any ingredients from china at all. so why all the mixing if i may ask. natural balance is an ok food and works for alot of bullies but for the price hmmm.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dulcinea (Rosie)
    Likes (Received)

I have to mix her dry food with wet food because she only has 2 and 1/2 teeth. She also has had a poor appetite from from what I have been told. She seems to be doing well on the new mixture now so that's good Who knows what she was fed before the adoption clinic got her. She is eating her entire meal now twice a day. Which is a first for her. Without the wet food however, she eats nothings. She weighs (47 lbs.) and the vet wants her on this high quality grainless diet to help her body heal and to keep her weight kind of steady. She also has arthritis and hips and shoulder problems which is the reason I also give her glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM, Cosequin D5 (a maximimum strength joint supplement for dogs) and 1 1200 mg fish oil, and a vitamin A and D.
    Last edited by sleet; 10-26-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: changed some info

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads