Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone still happily using Natural Balance??

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is anyone still happily using Natural Balance??

Quote Originally Posted by Piamitch View Post
    I'm getting excited with everyones input!! I feel like ruckus is a hot mess and it's all my fault. When we got him he was on nutro and looked great(he was 6months) knowing how crappy nutro is I switched him to Fromm. Each flavor seemed to cause different issues so I switched to instinct, first beef then salmon. He is so constipated I'm crying for him. The vet suggested natural balance, I don't doubt him, but had to check here lol!! I'm thinking of just switching right over since his poop will already be loose from the enemas today, and I don't want to block him up by transitioning slowly. Is this a bad idea??
    Because he is already having issues and a quick switch can cause issues on it's own I would suggest switching slowly. You don't want him to be in more discomfort than he already is.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My mom uses Natural Balance LID salmon and her bullies are doing great on it!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Oliver and Sebastian are currently on Fromm (the beef frittata and the surf and turf), but because I just had to spend $128 at the vet today for meds for a double ear infection and infection in his folds, my vet suggested I try him on the NVI salmon flavor. So looks like I will be buying a bag of that to transition him over to. They almost have full bags left of both flavors and at $60 bucks a bag, I don't want to waste it.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Sebastian n Oliver View Post
    Oliver and Sebastian are currently on Fromm (the beef frittata and the surf and turf), but because I just had to spend $128 at the vet today for meds for a double ear infection and infection in his folds, my vet suggested I try him on the NVI salmon flavor. So looks like I will be buying a bag of that to transition him over to. They almost have full bags left of both flavors and at $60 bucks a bag, I don't want to waste it.
    I'm in the same boat. I placed the order from petflo two days ago for my next delivery, but I have plenty on hand for about a month. Switching to the NVI salmon. will transition slowly all five critters. I believe the potato is getting to them. huh......... we shall see.
    Would really like to go raw, hubby says we have to many dogs. Will cause too many problems. Maybe he's right, I don't know. thought I could wear him down. No luck, and I'm tired.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well since he is already on nvi you could try the limited ingredient lamb or turkey flavor. one protein one starch and less protein and such may help with whatever is causing this. but natural balance has been successful for many bully feeders here so good luck with whatever you choose. also some canned pumpkin may help but since hes been given an enema maybe you wont need it. hope it goes well.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 09-30-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Sherry @Kim Sebastian n Oliver If you are having so many issues with ear infections I HIGHLY recommend NVI salmon! It was amazing how quickly it helped clear up my Samson's ear infections where nothing the vet could prescribe for over 6 months could not clear it up alone.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    @Sherry @Kim Sebastian n Oliver If you are having so many issues with ear infections I HIGHLY recommend NVI salmon! It was amazing how quickly it helped clear up my Samson's ear infections where nothing the vet could prescribe for over 6 months could not clear it up alone.
    this is Oliver's first infection and I don't want to escalate into something chronic. His right ear has always collected more crud than the other, so I'm switching him over to NVI
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

BabyGirl and Wilson are on NVI beef and lamb grain free. BabyGirl is perfect but Wilson still having allergy flare ups so now I'm transitioning to NVI Salmon. Will let you know how it goes.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

I feed Brooke the Natural Balance Alpha Dog: Trout, Salmon meal, and Whitefish formula. She's been on it since we brought her home from the breeder and she's been doing great for the most part.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    yep yep, that's what I ordered. It's not really ear infections per say, the girls are fine, but the two boys get one dirty ear each, a bit cruddy, just every now then. I catch it immediately, but it would be nice for them not to have any issues at all.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I feed Brooke the Natural Balance Alpha Dog: Trout, Salmon meal, and Whitefish formula. She's been on it since we brought her home from the breeder and she's been doing great for the most part.
    If this Nature's Logic Lamb doesn't work out - this is where I'm headed next. Bea and Bo were both on Bison/Sweet Potato - and doing just fine - except Bo has a case of "Stink Head" - so (per the wisdom of this board), I was losing the potato part of the equation in hopes of controlling yeast (if that's indeed what the problem was). Too soon to tell with the new food since it's only been - 17 days (after today). After the hive scare yesterday, I'd put up with stink head to avoid that ANYTIME. I'd prefer to have them both on the same food - but again, I'll hunt bison or catch the salmon myself to avoid that hive thing again. *shudder*

Our 5 month old stella is 36lbs and has been on Natural Balance Sweet Poatoe and Bison for 4 of those momths, her poops are firm and she loves the food, What's there not to like i'm not changing. I think Natural Balance LID food is a high quaility food good for dogs that are, or may, become alergy prone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads