for NVI users

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] - Yeah...the giant bag + a bag of their favorite treats (dehydrated chicken livers with pumpkin and blueberry - YUM) was 79 bucks and change. The treats are five bucks I think. I know I'm paying for convenience when I go to the PetPros. (Me and the dogs walk there when it's nice - it's a fun trip) But what the hell...it's just money. I'm butting my Menthol 100's and re-lighting them - because there's some left - and the dogs are eating high end dog food. Now isn't that how it SHOULD BE? bwhahahahaha I actually enjoy smoking. If I'm ever gonna quit - like the world thinks I should - I'm gonna have to hate it first.

[MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION] - The good news is that it seems the yeasty things ARE clearing up - so I have to assume that losing the sweet potato in the NB did help. (with dilligent cleaning, etc. of course) I just wish that Bea liked this food as much as she did the Nature's Logic. My PetPro guy is seeing if he can order it for me.

Happy Monday! It's gonna be kinda nice for Washington today so we're headed for one of our local fabulous parks!

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
Last time I was at Petco was a Saturday night and my favorite Ma and Paws Bakery store was closed. I was happily surprised to see the number of good foods they are now offering and so I asked a clerk why the change and she said they are going for the high end organic foods now. I think most people have learned how important it is to read their dog food labels since the Food Recalls and deaths experienced previously. They don't have everything, but they are carrying a lot of good foods. Yippee!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] petflow has Natures Logic, and you get free shipping with our code Englishbulldog on orders over $49. I never chase down dog food anymore, it is so nice!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - thank you. That's really the way to go, isn't it? Once I FIND the right food over here, I may do just that. The local pet shop economy will take a huge hit though should go PetFlow. I never go in and buy just FOOD...it's always a toy, treats, something for the parrot, something for the cats, bloodworms for the fish, wild bird food, suet cakes and the list goes on....!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
WELL...it's been a couple days and it's time for my Mukilteo Poo Update....it would appear that the Natures Variety Instinct Salmon is NOT working for little Bea. I had to mix in some of the previously tried NVI Lamb and Brown Rice yesterday because she was actually getting constipated! One teeny rock hard little turd is not normal for my fluffy little poop machine, Bea! Her face is looking great though and the redness between her paws - which I thought to be yeast - has gone away. She's not licking them anymore either. But the girl has to be able to crap for godsake.

Bo on the other hand; NVI Salmon is still creating smooshy spatula-needing style doodies. Crap! *literally*

The other thing: they are both itching and got the teeny bumps under the armpits. They had to have a benedryl yesterday. *sigh* I'm gonna ride it out for another couple of days because of the possibility of it being environmental - but I think we're gonna have to try yet another food sooner than later. Bea spent more time scratching than pooping out in the yard this morning.

With the new food - once I decide what to get - I have THREE giant bags of food in the laundry room to step over. hahahahahahaha

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] why dont you buy smaller bags then if it doesnt work out your not out so much money and honestly i would use those bags up once i found a food i could feed. just mix in tiny bits with their new food till you use them up or give them to friends. i had like 10 or so small bags or food in my house before and when the neighbors dog came over well ooops some just flew out my door and onto the ground right in front of him :yes: what do you think is next? i can help you pick out a new food if you like. no pressure though:bat:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]. Ruckus had severe constipation issues on the NVI. I'm not sure if it was from the higher protein, or ingredients. At least your catching it quick. I knew to expect less stool with NVI so at first I thought one small poop a day was going to be normal. Then he just stopped going altogether.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - I did start out with smaller bags and just when I think it's going to "work"; I buy a big bag - and whaLA. At the moment, Bea is on NVI Praire Lamb and Brown rice and Bo is riding out the NVI Salmon. Yesterday, they both had to have one .25 mg Benedryl at breakfast and another one at dinner time. I did save the packaging this time on the Salmon - so I'm taking it back today for something else. The bummer to all of this is that their faces are looking better; less tear staining - but still have watery eyes (one more than the other - eye that is; not dog). It's TRAMATIC to get a pill down Bea to boot, making it more of a bummer than it already is. OK, oh Gastronomical Guru; what do you suggest next? I'll go get it today!

[MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION] - It's a good thing I'm a maniacal poo watcher. The morning that Bea was struggling and only created this one teeny dried up turd, I'm like: NO WAY. She went right back on the NVI Lamb Rice I have from the switch before this one to Salmon. Good thing I have fourty pounds of it laying around huh? :lmao:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: I took back the giant bag of NVI Salmon (to the PetPros) and bought a smallish bag of Avoderm Oven Baked Beef. I know. Random choice. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - your thoughts on this koo koo, left field selection? I don't think zero tear stains and beautiful doodie is too much to ask for! :blink:

It occurred to me today that I may have to have each dog on a different food and while that's not very convenient, I thought, "What really IS convenient about English Bulldogs?" hahahahahaha!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I have sent you a pm to help. I feel your pain as I have had the same thing happen buy a bag then a few more small bags then a big one and boom problems. Have you thought about nvi limited ingredient since one was doing ok on it just the poo problem. The limited ingredient is much lower protein and one protein one starch. Sarah is doing well on the go natural salmon and oatmeal. I will have more soon give me a sec

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - I'm abandoning Avoderm Beef. Bo broke out in a plethora of hives from it and Bea is scratching like a meth fiend, here by my feet. No hives. Just itchy. Poor baby.

Bo is doing pretty well on the NVI Lamb and Brown Rice though - so good news - I'm going to use that giant bag up! Wow would I love to have them on the same dang food though when this is all said and done.......

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i am saddened by this news hon but as always [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] i am always available to give ideas on new foods. and i do have some. it may not be possible to find a food for both but that is ok to. sarah is on one food and my bostons on another as they are much more active. then again maybe possible for one food.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
[MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION], [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], if you ever get the rock-turd again on the dry kibble, mix in the canned version of the same food and try to encourage the dogs to drink more. I use ice cubes for treats on Bullie and she chomps on it like it's dog biscuit.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Piamitch , @Vicaroo1000 , if you ever get the rock-turd again on the dry kibble, mix in the canned version of the same food and try to encourage the dogs to drink more. I use ice cubes for treats on Bullie and she chomps on it like it's dog biscuit.

I like that idea, will keep that in mind. Thanks

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
@Piamitch , @Vicaroo1000 , if you ever get the rock-turd again on the dry kibble, mix in the canned version of the same food and try to encourage the dogs to drink more. I use ice cubes for treats on Bullie and she chomps on it like it's dog biscuit.

Oh [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] - I would LOVE me some rock hard turds! hahahahahaha

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.