for NVI users

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Update: Yesterday's afternoon "constitutional" was FIRM ENOUGH TO PICK UP! :lol: *celebratory dance*
It was still soft serve - no mistake about that - but I managed to get it into a doodie bag without using a spatula.

I hope ya'll are enjoying these updates as much as I am bringing them to you......*snork*

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] oh yes please more updates as i have to eat lunch later on also. :ROFL: im glad things seem to be improving for the better. id say it will be firm soon if its started to go that way. just needed some time to get used to it i guess.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]! I knew I could count on you for Poop Support.

"Hi, my name is Vicki and I'm a chronic dog poo chronicaller..." ....and then The Room sez: HI VICKI

heh heh

So just when things were "firming up" as it were, what do I go and do? Get a GIANT BAG of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Meal formula - you know, the one that I ordered in the first place but never got (insert :cursing: here)? Confused yet? I sure am. I have to keep looking at the bag to know what the hell I bought. Bottom line: we dropped the "Praire" with this bag.

So....film at 11. Or at least another update....

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks, @cowsmom ! I knew I could count on you for Poop Support.

"Hi, my name is Vicki and I'm a chronic dog poo chronicaller..." ....and then The Room sez: HI VICKI

heh heh

So just when things were "firming up" as it were, what do I go and do? Get a GIANT BAG of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Meal formula - you know, the one that I ordered in the first place but never got (insert :cursing: here)? Confused yet? I sure am. I have to keep looking at the bag to know what the hell I bought. Bottom line: we dropped the "Praire" with this bag.

So....film at 11. Or at least another update....

Funny story, I think I was at the same meeting.....:ROFL: anonymous of course

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Keep the :poo: updates coming! I find it interesting. Does that make me weird????

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Great News! Now I don't have to travel so far to get the NVI Limited Ingredient Lamb Meal. Good news for PETCO. I sure hope they start stocking TOTW too . . . !

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Update: Yesterday's afternoon "constitutional" was FIRM ENOUGH TO PICK UP! :lol: *celebratory dance*
It was still soft serve - no mistake about that - but I managed to get it into a doodie bag without using a spatula.

I hope ya'll are enjoying these updates as much as I am bringing them to you......*snork*

Yes I am ! :ROFL:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Keep the :poo: updates coming! I find it interesting. Does that make me weird????

hahahahahaha! It makes us ALL WEIRD! LOL Especially [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] who is, in my opinion, stalking me for these updates. You should see the PMs I get.....

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh do tell [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I'm all ears lol

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, it's still dark outside and I forgot to grab my "Poop Patrol Flashlight" on my way out the door - but there is GOOD NEWS (I think) in Mukilteo Bully Land!
Here's why I think that: This morning when I was standing sentry at my usual post, smoking my first Marlburo Menthol of the day (I know. Shut up.), I heard the distinct and joyful sound of Bea's grunting through the darkness of the backyard. A joyful noise! I haven't heard her patented 'poo grunt' in a good, long time my friends! Of course, I will update when the sunlight beams down on what I hope to be glorious, firm, perfect little piles of NVI Salmon produced poo. OK. Maybe not sunlight. This is Washington. But you know what I mean.

:detective:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
So yesterday, the whole fam damily is over here for dinner (my nephew is headed to Afganistan; he's in the Marines) and Bo breaks out in little hives - just under his armpits. So I'm a seasoned hive gal now. I know what to do. I pop two Benedryl into a piece of cheese and wait for his sleepy butt to stop obsessively chasing my sister's boxer around, biting the back of her legs. Not to be. It seemed as if the Benedryl made him even MORE hyper! He was drooling like crazy; I even discovered puddles in the crate where he was having a "Time Out" to give the Boxer a break. (For her part, she was actually awesome. I'd have turned around and chomped him but all she did is run and drool - poor baby) Everyone left. Doggie dinner as usual. Bedtime.

This morning, as we speak, he's having the time of his life over there, eating the remaining chunks of dinner he barfed up at some point during the night. (Most of it landed outside the crate) He never said a word! Poor baby!

So I guess the lesson there is: 1) Dogs clean up their own barf, thank gawd and 2) Benedryl + the excitement of a new playmate + a houseful of relatives don't mix. The good news: The hives under his pits? All gone.

RANDOM.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok now how did my nvi petco thread become the :poo: thread :barf::ROFL: hope things firm up soon:D

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
ok now how did my nvi petco thread become the :poo: thread :barf::ROFL: hope things firm up soon:D

Oh they're firm now. Fabulously so. But Bea is scratching and Bo got another benedryl this morning because he's got "wiggly back skin"; the sure sign of hive onset.

I don't think the NVI Salmon is working. *sigh* They've had it four times; two breakfasts and two dinners. Am I jumping the gun? Should I give it another couple of feedings or take that 80 dollar bag back for something else? This time, I was smart and saved the packaging! (I'm a quick learner see...) I still have a GIANT bag of NVI Lamb and brown rice in there too - but that's the one causing the soupy poops....I'm running out of space in the laundry room for all the bags of dog food in there.....ack!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]. I would give it a little bit more, it could be seasonal allergies and not the food. Vegas has been on NVI for a year and a half and I still battle NON-STOP enviormental allergies. BUT his :poo: is like rocks and has been since we started the Salmon NVI, the chicken one gave him the :poo:'s.

Seriously you paid $80 for the bag?? I pay 65.00 including tax at our local feed store that orders mine in for me. The bag last around 6 weeks though so I basically pay 10.00 a week to feed him (this is how I had to break it down to Joe who about :poo: when he seen how much his food cost, lol) Look up Petflow on this site, they deliver and it will be cheaper if you decide to stay on the NVI Salmon.

Far less than my nasty habit of smoking, as I seen in one of your post that you do too!!

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Even though I had problems with Instinct, I would say give it more time. Ruckus still had red around his face too. I would have went longer than I did to see if it cleared up, but we had digestive problems.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online