for NVI users

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION].. Jake did awful on it. I only got to 1/2 old and 1/2 new and had to go back to Fromm. He got bumps under his fur..and the pads of his feet turned bright pink and got very swollen. His poo was soft serve and too much of it! So I threw in the towel..back on Fromm beef and I figure good will have to suffice. Might not get perfect for him!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oh no, [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]! that's too bad NVI did not work out for Jake. I hope you bought a smallish bag?

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], both boys are doing well on it; poops are still a little soft but they're transitioning from Blue Wilderness salmon. I have them on the NVI salmon as well. I also love the canned foods from NVI.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
oh no, [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]! that's too bad NVI did not work out for Jake. I hope you bought a smallish bag?[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], both boys are doing well on it; poops are still a little soft but they're transitioning from Blue Wilderness salmon. I have them on the NVI salmon as well. I also love the canned foods from NVI.
:laugh:... Oh noooo..I bought the BIGGEST bag possible!..lol...my daughter has her golden on the NVI salmon..but the prairie type..which has grains..so I told her I think she can mix my grain free salmon with hers and he would be fine! He has no issues with anything..so a grain free mixed with his should be fine..$ 60.. I don't even want to waste it! I will wait awhile and try something else down the road!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
@Chunksmama - Thanks for that. I was considering that limited ingredient one too but the very nice - but dingy as hell - lady at the shop near me would have to special order it. I'd like to get something that's always in stock from wherever I get it. It's taken me TWO visits to get her to order the salmon one - and I still won't have it until Tuesday. :cursing: I was trying to give the independent, small business owner store a break but I'm thinking it's back to the PetPros for me.....

@calibaker - Thanks for your Poo Update :lmao: Hopefully - like your boys - my kids are just transitioning with this new food. I want it to work so badly!

@cowsmom - you make a very good point about the protein percentage and starting tonight, I'm going to roll back the amount I give them. I am overfeeding them for sure. Bo is getting almost two cups a meal and Bea is a little over one cup per meal. They eat two times a day. Maybe that will help too. I'm excited about trying the NVI salmon.

@JAKEISGREAT - I just know you will appreciate this: a couple of nights ago, Bo was acting kinda droopy and both he and Bea had the soupy poops. I made one of those boil in bag Uncle Ben's white rice - carefully measuring the water - and used the rice water after it was done to make the Wellness gravy I always give them. Like a miracle, that rice water worked on that diarrhea! It was awesome. My grandmother used to use rice water for children with diarrhea.

You guys rule.
:bully:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION].. Oh yes! I've used the rice water a lot! It saved my sanity when Jake was new to us! Grandmas or ahem..Grammies....RULE!!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] i do so hope it works out for you. if not i got alotta ideas and according to [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] im the food lady around here :laugh:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i will leave that to some others around here:whistle:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Well - it's official: the Nature's Variety Instinct is not working. The poops aren't getting any less soupy and in fact, this morning, both dogs had to be greeted at the door with babywipes upon re-entry. It was a soup fest. *sigh* And wouldn't you know it: I got friggin' 50 pounds of the stuff in their giant food bin. OK. Not 50 pounds --- but a LOT. Here's the worst part: I don't think the dogs really like it that much. Bea just doesn't get that excited about meals. She's 17 months old but she's an old soul; cranky, fussy, examines every piece of food thourally before eating it...she's hysterically funny. That brief period where we were on the Nature's Logic Lamb - she actually did a teeny happy dance before meals! (Bo, on the other hand, would eat garbage if he were allowed - the wild cat's dish is never safe with him on the porch.) All of this is fine except one thing: I have to drive miles to get to the one shop that has it.
And here's the big kicker: The tear stains aren't better at all on ANY of these foods - which is why the big food switcharoo began in the first place from the Nature's Balance Bison & Sweet Potato.

:cursing:

Ah! This food thing is a twisted little path, isn't it?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I have had Jack on NVI Salmon for 2 weeks now...
He started to develop skin bumps ... So Im going to be changing over this week to something else...
Prior to NVI I had him on FROMM's Surf & Turf..
That also didnt work...

I too have about 20 lbs of FROMM and 20 lbs of INSTINCT that I will be giving to a coworker ...!!

Im HOPING the new food will work.... NATURAL BALANCE L.I.D. Lamb & Brown Rice

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
thats great they are expanding their hollistic/organic selection...now i will have a reason to go there and buy Bugzys food, but am not sure if they carry the lamb flavor...ill have to check

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish these dog food companies would use the words "nature" and "natural" more in their dogfood names. I mean, sheesh. It's way too easy to tell all of them apart and remember what's what.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
one thing i have learned over the year or so that i have been doing this with sarah and at one point all 5 of my pets is to buy small bags. i go through several small bags before i buy a big one so i dont waste it. if this is possible i realize in all cases its not. also you can mix a small portion in with whatever new food you get to get rid of it also. like 3/4 new food 1/4 old food that didnt work. just a thought as this stuff is expensive. if you have purchased from a place that will let you return it that maybe an option to.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
one thing i have learned over the year or so that i have been doing this with sarah and at one point all 5 of my pets is to buy small bags. i go through several small bags before i buy a big one so i dont waste it. if this is possible i realize in all cases its not. also you can mix a small portion in with whatever new food you get to get rid of it also. like 3/4 new food 1/4 old food that didnt work. just a thought as this stuff is expensive. if you have purchased from a place that will let you return it that maybe an option to.

Here's the thing: I bought three small bags and on the third trip to get another one, I gave in to my own convenience and got the giant bag. Dumb! I was being hopeful because the Nature's Logic worked so well - gastronomically speaking - but didn't help their rusty little tear stains a peep.

Oh to have bright, clean shiny faces and pick-up-able poops! Yesterday, I needed a flippin' spoon....ugh.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Gastrointestinal update: just when I thought Bo's fart fests were cured (chicken IS THE DEVIL), I find that the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon is creating mega audible toots. Think "gattling gun". He's laying here at my feet and wow - what a show. The good news: they don't stink like chicken ones! Hooray! I know. Not a lot to celebrate but hey, these days I'm easily amused.

And we trudge on in NVI Salmonland......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.