for NVI users

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Does the salmon have ANY chicken or turkey in it?

Ingredients
Salmon Meal, Herring Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Tapioca, Pea Starch, Pork Liver, Natural Pork Flavor, Coconut Oil, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Tomato Pomace, Montmorillonite Clay, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Carotene, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide), Sea Salt, Dried Kelp, Direct-Fed Microorganisms (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract), Taurine, Carrots, Garlic, Apples, Pumpkin, Mixed Tocopherols with Citric Acid (a natural preservative), Rosemary Extract, Freeze Dried Cod

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ooohhh...i just got on the Petco website...there's a $5 off coupon for ANY size bag of NVI you can print out...expires 12/2012 :happydance:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Ooohhh...i just got on the Petco website...there's a $5 off coupon for ANY size bag of NVI you can print out...expires 12/2012 :happydance:

Ooohhh that's fantastic!!! Chunk is doing pretty well on the NVI limited ingredient. We are on lamb right now, figure I'll try the other flavors eventually too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Is anyone concerned about the quality of nvi? I would think they have to produce a greater amount of food to keep petco stocked...do you think the quality with suffer? Just curious what everyone thinks. I was initially thrilled when I saw it on the site and ran out and bought a bag. It's sooo much cheaper. I'm all for supporting local pet stores over petco, but when it comes to saving that amount of money ($15 savings!!) I can't argue. Just wondering if anyone thinks the quality will suffer?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Noone thinks the quality will go down? That actually makes me feel better. I thought I might be paranoid :whew:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I really hope it doesn't... finally found a quality food that Moe does well on, I don't have to order via mail, and he likes.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
In Nature's Variety website, it lists PET SUPERMARKET as a retailer in my area...
I went to 2 different ones and unfortunatley the employees there never heard of it.. (nor FROMM for the matter)

I went to PETCO last week for the heck of it and yes that had it... I was told it was brand new for them and they actually wanted to hear back from me to see how Jack adapted to it....

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
In Nature's Variety website, it lists PET SUPERMARKET as a retailer in my area...I went to 2 different ones and unfortunatley the employees there never heard of it.. (nor FROMM for the matter) I went to PETCO last week for the heck of it and yes that had it... I was told it was brand new for them and they actually wanted to hear back from me to see how Jack adopted to it....
Did you see the link for the $5 off coupon!! Yay!! That's lunch for YOU somewhere!! :ROFL:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Did you see the link for the $5 off coupon!! Yay!! That's lunch for YOU somewhere!! :ROFL:

no where ???? heck yea..... $5 at Firse house grill will buy me a nice Hot toasty sub for lunch...
thanks !

Edit : never mind.. I just saw your previous post...! Thanks again Becky....& Henny ..!

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] @calibaker - How's your gang doing on the Nature's Variety Instinct? I wanted to do the salmon but when the dingding at the pet shop ordered in the wrong variety, I went with Turkey/Duck. The good news: it does not produce gas like chicken varieties do. The bad news: it's been over two weeks and Bea's still having a smidgen of diarrhea with this food. Bo is pretty good...but (spoiler alert: graphic poo chat) it's a bit on the soft serve side. Hers starts out ok but then turns soupy at the end. I'm back to wiping butts as was during the Origin days.....

How long does it take for them to adjust anyway? Maybe I'm over-feeding them and that's causing it?

Backstory: I'm opting for the grain/potato free foods (in conjunction with the Mal-wipes and keeping things clean and dry) to try to resolve the gooey tear-stained little faces. Because one eye = on both dogs, mind you = waters more than the other, I'm thinking it is an allergy issue of some kind. There has been some improvement over the Nature's Balance Bison / Sweet Potato that they were on two months ago.....Jeez this is all hard to keep track of.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
@cowsmom - @JAKEISGREAT @calibaker - How's your gang doing on the Nature's Variety Instinct? I wanted to do the salmon but when the dingding at the pet shop ordered in the wrong variety, I went with Turkey/Duck. The good news: it does not produce gas like chicken varieties do. The bad news: it's been over two weeks and Bea's still having a smidgen of diarrhea with this food. Bo is pretty good...but (spoiler alert: graphic poo chat) it's a bit on the soft serve side. Hers starts out ok but then turns soupy at the end. I'm back to wiping butts as was during the Origin days.....

How long does it take for them to adjust anyway? Maybe I'm over-feeding them and that's causing it?

Backstory: I'm opting for the grain/potato free foods (in conjunction with the Mal-wipes and keeping things clean and dry) to try to resolve the gooey tear-stained little faces. Because one eye = on both dogs, mind you = waters more than the other, I'm thinking it is an allergy issue of some kind. There has been some improvement over the Nature's Balance Bison / Sweet Potato that they were on two months ago.....Jeez this is all hard to keep track of.

Chunk is in NVI Limited Ingredient Lamb ... it's the ONLY food we have ever been on that we don't have soft serve poo! However, we still have teary eyes and his ears have been more itchy lately (not yucky when I clean them though!). So this is the best so far ... may try another protein source but leary about having to change yet again.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok this food is a whole different beast than natural balance this food is almost all meat compared to nb which would be mostly potato. Sometimes diarrhea is a sign of over feeding or it could just be the transition period. Just make sure they are not having other things going on besides stool issues. When Sarah ate this she was getting one and two-thirds cup at 47 pounds. You could give it a bit longer to see if it straightens out or maybe try the limited ingredient less protein might do better

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.