for NVI users

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was strolling through my local petco and what did I see? natures variety prairie and instinct. I couldnt believe it. Right in my petco store was nvi. they had it for cats to. So for anyone with a petco and uses nvi that should be good news. Just thought I would let everyone know. I was wondering is this a step up for petco or a step down for nvi? hope its a step up.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Yes, that's very good news. I've got to check out my local Petco. I've got a coupon I need to use there too! Update: Went there and didn't find NVI Beef and Lamb but I did find NVI Salmon grain-free. Brought it home and put a pinch in their food bowls and they liked it. Transition slowly I know. I'm sticking with Petflow cause it's still cheaper but at least it's good to have a backup source.

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I was surprised to find Petco stocks Blue Wilderness Grain Free too! :)
I believe the fact that they're carrying higher quality dog food is a huge step up!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
WOW! I am shocked! I was at the feed store here today and took a walk in the kibble isle and saw it. I thought that would be only way to get it. Find a good feed store or order it. Good for Petco.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I feel like we are seeing a change in Petco ... they seem to be marketing more towards healthy/organic, etc. I think they are realizing it's the best way to go! I think Petco also runs a promotion where if you buy X amount of bags of food you get one free!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
yes, it's buy 10 get one free. i do it with natural balance since they sell it there too! just make sure you buy the same size bag every time and use your petco card, otherwise they don't count.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awesome! Thanks [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION]! I remember doing it for my mom, just didn't know the details! They also do that with baths. :)

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Petco's price for the chicken NVI is cheaper than PetFlow's price and they have free shipping if you spend over $49. Pretty good deal! I'm thinking of possibly transitioning Brooke when we get Molly next month. Since Molly is on Bil Jac (1 star food) and Brooke is on Natural Balance Alpha (4 star food) but NVI a 6 star food is actually cheaper per pound (I'm very bored at work and just calculated price per pound of every 6 star food on Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble message me if you want my calculations lol).

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
i was strolling through my local petco and what did I see? natures variety prairie and instinct. I couldnt believe it. Right in my petco store was nvi. they had it for cats to. So for anyone with a petco and uses nvi that should be good news. Just thought I would let everyone know. I was wondering is this a step up for petco or a step down for nvi? hope its a step up.

There's a sale going on right now at Petco on NVI. I just came back w/a few of the canned foods and a small bag of dry. I want to see how my boys do with the dry NVI. I got the salmon :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats wonderful i guess you will let us know how it goes. :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Both of them love the canned NVI--i get the duck, chicken, beef, venison, and rabbit flavors. I've been putting a scoop on top of their Blue Wilderness dry food. So, i thought i'd give the dry a try as well even tho they're doing well on BW...just change things up a little.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Both of them love the canned NVI--i get the duck, chicken, beef, venison, and rabbit flavors. I've been putting a scoop on top of their Blue Wilderness dry food. So, i thought i'd give the dry a try as well even tho they're doing well on BW...just change things up a little.
Does the salmon have ANY chicken or turkey in it?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], the NVI salmon doesn't have any chicken or turkey in the ingredients list, and the BW salmon they're on right now is poultry free as well.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], the NVI salmon doesn't have any chicken or turkey in the ingredients list, and the BW salmon they're on right now is poultry free as well.
Yay! I'm going to switch Jake..was going to go to natural balance..but think I'll do the nvi salmon..thanks Henny!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online