Nature's Variety Instinct or Fromm for puppy?

BullyMomma0611

Sep 3, 2011
Brownsburg, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello All! I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with NVI with their puppy. Winston is 13, almost 14 weeks, we have had him for a little over 4 weeks now. He is currently eating NutriSource Puppy, bc that is what the breeder had him on. But I am wanting to switch. I need advise on how to switch and what to switch to! I have read that some of you like NVI and Fromm, but didn't see that either of them had a food for puppies. (maybe I just didn't search hard enough??) If any of you have any advise on how to go about switching foods gradually or what to switch to, I would definitely appreciate it!! TIA!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Well Which food you choose will be up to to you! I can give you my experience..Fromm makes a puppy gold formula I believe..but if I were you..I'd think he is old enough to go to an All stages food..which all of Fromm are..and NVI too..I believe. My Jake was switched to an all stage food when he came home at 8 weeks. When you do decide and start to switch..the secret is to go slowly. You go 3/4 old and 1/4 new for a few days..then if no problems..go 1/2 old and 1/2 new and old for a few more days. Then 3/4 new and 1/4 old for few more days..finally go all new..if at any time he seems to have a tummy problem..go back to the previous mixture of old and new and just take a few extra days. A 2 week time table should be great...good luck and just know there isn't a magic choice..what works for my dog..might not be the best for yours..but a better food is worth it's weight in vet bills!!

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I have fed Instinct like 3-4 years ago and at that time it was for adult dogs only. One of their formula had too high of calcium level (forgot which one it was).....but, Taste Of The Wild at that time was adult only too and now its All LIfe Stages, so things might have changed. If in doubt, contact the company - I've always done that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online