What kind of treat do you feed?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Good Day Bullie Friends,

We know that there have been lots of posts and discussion about the type of dog food that we feed. And I know that I have seen threads in the past about the types of treats as well. So It's time to bring that up again.

I know that you are careful about feeding a premium dog food. What about the type of treat do you feed? If you are feeding a grain free dog food, is your treat also a grain free? Are you still having problems with digestion (poo, skin, etc) and wonder why? Check the type of treat you are feeding. It could ALSO be part of the problem.

Good Day~

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig gets homemade treats ... dehydrated meat ... mainly beef lung. He's on the raw diet so we realized that his treats need to match it. We used to give him fruits before but he stopped liking them for some reason.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We pick Princess Gracie's treats carefully. No sense in giving her premium food and give her trash for treats. At the least we use grain free but lately we have been giving her sweet potato treats. We also cut them up into small pieces; she 'thinks' she is getting more... LOL

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Right now, I have a small container that I keep some of her food in, and I use her food as treats. She goes crazy when I give her pieces of food from it and I know it's not going to jack up her system.

At some point, I'll start testing with other items, to see how she does (fruit, veggies, etc...) but for now, she loves getting food from the little box. :D

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy actually has bits of her kibble as treats and she is happy with that....Like you said no point getting a premium grain/wheat free food then go and mess up her system with treats.
plus the odd slice of banana, raspberry or blackberry :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We don't do a lot of treats. Usually small pieces of frozen liver. Every now and again, I let them have a SMALL bite of banana or a baby carrot because they love it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Besides some fruits occasionally, we feed FROMM and give them treats from FROMM.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We give lex baby carrots, froozen blueberries, cottage cheese and blue wilderness treats :) every once in a while we give him some pieces of steak

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh yeah, ever since I was straightened out . It's grain free treats/ No PUP-a-roni for us. :nonono:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we're still potty training Lola outside, and teaching her basic tricks...heel and come are the two worst right now. Nevertheless, she gets treats quite often. boiled chicken breast, chunks of string cheese, apple, grain free wellness treats - venison flavor. we like venison too! just gave Lola two raspberries then she pooped on the carpet. not sure if the two events are connected or not. :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
oh geez, i forgot she gets two kongs of all natural peanut butter a day too. (crate pacifier)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
They love their fruit--sliced apples are a favorite, as well as pears, and pineapple chunks. Also recently tried Blue Wilderness grain free biscuits. I am guilty however of giving them Milk Bone biscuits...only b/c i bought a 10lb box, oh, not too long ago...:ashamed:...when i wasn't so strict on the grain free part of their diet.

natemoore

Aug 4, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
little bit of honey bear (bitty)
dried cranberries and dride apples we dry them our selves in a dehydrater. do a whole bag of cranberries and a couple of apples in one shot and it lasts about a month. that way im sure there are no phospates or sulfites in them. and it is a ton cheaper than buying them at the store from the organic foods section.

we also give her the occasional green bean that is frozen.

apples seem to be her most favorite.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness gets frozen green beans, baby carrots and cucumbers. When we have it in the house, pineapple and watermelon

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i used to give mine frozen green beans and banana and such but seemed to give them runny poo so now i feed merrick lamb lung, pure bites chicken(100% freeze dried chicken), and just added evo grain free treats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online