has anyone tried the iams natural dog food

bullie84

Nov 28, 2010
Frederick MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
my bulldog chloe is almost 3 and has been eating iams her whole life but she gets really bad tear stains and in between her toes are reddish brown looking the vet thinks its allergies but iam wondering if its her dog food shes been eating the weight control iam for over a year now but im thinking about switching to see it that helps her feet and tear stain i was on petsmart website and saw iams has a natural dog food now that wasnt to expensive and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it Iams® Healthy Naturals™ Adult Weight Control Dog Food - Food Center - Dog - PetSmart if anyone else has a suggestion on a dog food that i should try please feel free to suggest im trying to stick with foods available in the pet stores

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:bump: I saw this had no replies while I am searching for raw threads.

[MENTION=1534]bullie84[/MENTION] not sure if you have read more on our forum yet but no, Iams is not a wise choice for any dog. It is full of bad ingredients, adding 'natural' to the title will never change what has been done to this food and the manufacturer who makes it.

Please view the dog food ratings and other related articles to learn more, and I hope you have found a great food for your bully! Sorry your question went unanswered.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

The general consensus is that Iams is crap. Petco and PetSmart are now carrying very high quality foods so it shouldn't be hard to find one that's good for your dog and easy for you to get. The crew here has chocked this forum full of great nutrition information so you're sure to get more information by just reading around here.

I fed my first bulldog Iams too. I didn't know any better. I speculate that Mable would have had FAR LESS (or maybe even NO) skin issues had she been on a higher quality food.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I buy my Dog food at tractor supply, if you have one of those they have a decent selection of foods on the list and I think they are cheaper than petco or petsmart.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=1534]bullie84[/MENTION]. ok just for kicks i looked up the food in question. um omg no. i dont see one healthy thing in there and even worse for a bully. if you still need help let me know and i will try to find something for you. and again i am sorry also this question went unanswered we try not to do that here. please let me know if there is anything i can do.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If you check out Petflo linked to this site, you can find almost any food under the sun and can have it shipped to your door free of charge I think, when you enter at code, English Bulldog News or spend $49 or more and scheduled for regular delivery. All ingredients are listed and you really can't go wrong with petflo prices.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.