What's the best dog food?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
I feed my bully - Canidae, lamb and rice. Satisfied so far...

I also feed CANIDAE, but I am using the bison and lamb, it is the only one with no chicken or chicken meal.
Very happy with this brand. I have hundreds of followers who are also feed Royal Canin as well as Canidae.

Just switch slowly,

later...

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Good Luck,
remember that what others post are opinions on what works for them. Do your research about brands and how bulldogs react to different indgredients. Many bullies are allergic to chicken and grain products. finding a product that is right is important. The price is the least concern. The better foods you only end up feeding a smaller amount.

later,

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Good Luck,
remember that what others post are opinions on what works for them. Do your research about brands and how bulldogs react to different indgredients. Many bullies are allergic to chicken and grain products. finding a product that is right is important. The price is the least concern. The better foods you only end up feeding a smaller amount.

later,

Good advice! I think I will do my research now that you say that. Thanks a bunch!

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Yep this was me when I first got Angus! Breeder had Angus on Iams as well and I didn't know how bad it really was until I joined this site! All the fillers in it? No wonder Angus had to :poo: so much! I saw good things on Fromm's Puppy Gold so off to the market I raced. I gradually mixed it in with the Iams and wow Angus really loves it! I feel bad cuz he eats it so fast I feel like he isn't getting enough but at the last vet check, the vet assured us he is a great weight for his age, 31 pounds and he'll be 5 months old Oct. 9th. So I felt pretty good about it. His coat looks fantastic, he went from dumping about 5 to 6 times a day to 2 now, and he really likes it! I would definately recommend and I'm still super happy that I got to find out about from the fine folks on this site :D

Attachments

• IMG_2933.jpg
    IMG_2933.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 29
OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Yep this was me when I first got Angus! Breeder had Angus on Iams as well and I didn't know how bad it really was until I joined this site! All the fillers in it? No wonder Angus had to :poo: so much! I saw good things on Fromm's Puppy Gold so off to the market I raced. I gradually mixed it in with the Iams and wow Angus really loves it! I feel bad cuz he eats it so fast I feel like he isn't getting enough but at the last vet check, the vet assured us he is a great weight for his age, 31 pounds and he'll be 5 months old Oct. 9th. So I felt pretty good about it. His coat looks fantastic, he went from dumping about 5 to 6 times a day to 2 now, and he really likes it! I would definately recommend and I'm still super happy that I got to find out about from the fine folks on this site :D

That's crazy you say that! I wonder why the breeders put them on IAMS (I don't know if I mentioned that's what my breeder had Tank on). It's amazing to hear how much less Angus dumps! Hopefully it'll help my Tankers out as well. And I love the fact that you said his fur is soft! Because Tank's has been so course!

My bf went and picked up a small bag of Avoderm today so we're going to try that brand out and slowly get him off his IAMS. Just a test run. If he ends up not liking it I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the Fromm. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
No problem! Yeah the less number 2s and the soft fur, really made us happy! Good luck with the new food! :happydance:

Members online