Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
We currently have Tank on IAMS and after reading on here that it is pretty much crap for food (haha) I was wondering what everyone else feeds their bullies? What would be the best food to get him on? Thanks!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Look on this site under Dog food ratings. Lots of information on here.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Right above this thread is a drop down box called Articles; go there to find out about food. No one can tell you the best food for your dog, only give you what has worked for them. In our case Fromm has worked well for Princess Gracie.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yeah, each and every bully have different reactions to food, so what works for one may not work for your dog...

My dogs are on Blue Wilderness alternating between Salmon and Duck flavors. They're doing great on it.

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I'll take a look at the thread article for different foods.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Like everyone said, every bully is different so what may work well for one bully may not for another. I can say that Fromm (the Four Star formulas), Natures Variety Instinct, Avoderm, Taste Of The Wild, Nature's Logic, Natural Balance LID, are all really popular choices among members here. The foods that work best for my Samson are Natural Balance LID Sweet Potato & Salmon and Natures Variety Instinct salmon, currently he is on the Natures Variety Instinct salmon.

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Like everyone said, every bully is different so what may work well for one bully may not for another. I can say that Fromm (the Four Star formulas), Natures Variety Instinct, Avoderm, Taste Of The Wild, Nature's Logic, Natural Balance LID, are all really popular choices among members here. The foods that work best for my Samson are Natural Balance LID Sweet Potato & Salmon and Natures Variety Instinct salmon, currently he is on the Natures Variety Instinct salmon.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to hear what everyone here is feeding their bullies. I think I'm just going to have to pick one of those brands and try it and see how his tummy handles it. He has a sensitive belly so I'm going to slowly work him into another food. I was thinking of trying Natures Variety! So thanks! :)

mosca72

Jul 15, 2011
New Westminster BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Besito
To be honest the one that will work with your bullie. Find a store that has a program of return the food if your dog does not help. For personal experience I had try three different kinds. (royal canin, natural balance LID on all their taste and the one that it is working right now: FROMM four star formula especially
32627b37-0d9a-6f95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I feed fromm grain free and my boys love it. The beef seems to make Cutty more red so I am thinking of sticking with the surf and turf mainly but this is the battle we all go thru and you could be in search for years. lol. I like to recommend to people to keep a journal of each food and type of food it is so you can remember the reaction a couple years later if need be. I have switched so many times and never did so I cant remember the whys of the switches of most of them. lol

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
If you're gonna do a trial and error with your pet's food, start out with the best possible brand you can....

My (and many here) suggestion is Fromm.

Good luck

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow I'm amazed I am seeing a lot of you say the Fromm brand. I think I'm going to give that a shot. It seems to be pretty popular and working for you guys. Tank is starting to get low on his current food so now I can get that and slowly work him into switching. Thanks, everyone, for the help!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i currently have sarah on go natural salmon and oatmeal mixed with dogswell nutrisca lamb for added protein. i have had her on so many foods and finding something she is not allergic to was very much a trial. if you cant find something after a few foods id suggest allergy testing. wish i had done it for sarah and still plan on doing it in case i have to switch again in the future. good luck. the people here have had luck with fromm and natures variety instinct. also natural balance seems popular to.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.