Gonna try blue wilderness

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ok so lex has been on avoderm for a good while which he seemed to be doin good on it. Avoderm started makin a grain free salmon, we ended up trying that for a good 2 bags, but lex didn't really seem to care very much for the salmon flavor. I did notice that he didn't have near the tear stains like before, which they weren't that bad before either. So we went back to the the chicken flavor "not grain free" and he started gettin tear stains, Which we are having some really bad allergies here to. I wish that avoderm made chicken flavor that was grain free :(.. So we are down to the last half of avoderm and wanting to find a good grain free food for him. really don't wanna have to have it shipped, so I started looking at blue wilderness "petsmart" and totw "tractor supply". I decided to try blue wilderness grain free chicken. Bought some of the treats as well and lex seemed to like the flavor. I gave him a little blue wilderness mixed in w avoderm when we got home to see what he thought and he went to town on it. I got a small bag to mix in and hopefully since it is a Higher rated food and grain free he we will loose those fang tear stains again! If I dint see a difference then next on the list will be the forumm!

What do y'all think about the switch to blue wilderness, anything I should know about it?

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
I just switched from blue buffalo to the blue buffalo wilderness a few weeks ago ang my bully is doing great on it. I like it much better than the regular blue buffalo.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We had tried blue buffalo right before they came out with the food recall. It didn't bother him then but that was last yr when he was just a baby... He seemed to like the taste of it, I'm hopin the grain free it will help with his eyes again! [MENTION=3013]armyguy[/MENTION] How much do u feed him?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn and Tate seem to enjoy the BW salmon very much. I've noticed a little less eye "goop" in Finn since they've been eating this and both their skin looks in pretty good shape. I also give them some of the canned version as a little treat on top of the dry every once in awhile.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use Blue Wilderness. I alternate between Salmon and Duck flavors. Both my bully and my bichon frise love it. Interesting thing - when I was switching Bullie to Blue Wilderness, he would eat all the blue and leave his old food in the bowl. I had to really watch that I don't get tempted to give him more blue. He had the runs the first week and that's about it. I did the 25% new to 75% old mixture for 2 weeks, then went to 50/50 the 3rd week and did 75/25 the 4th week and we were completely switched over after a month. So far so good.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Matilda loves her Blue Wilderness. She does awesome on it too.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We had Tubs on a number of different foods. We had him on AvoDerm and he had HORRIBLE gas! We switched home to Blue and he has been doing wonderful. We had him on Nutro before we knew that it wasn't a great food and we had tear stain problems. Now we don't have any problems. We still have him on puppy food, but will be switching him to regular food in October. Our little man will be turning 1! I think you will be happy with Blue.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Awesome thanks alot everyone... I'm very interested to see how he does on this!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, good luck! It would be nice to see another food issue resolved :).

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] the only issue that we have ever had w him is his mange, tear stains and of course these dang sesonal allergies he has been having... I'm so thankful that that's been it!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i had my 3 on the blue wilderness duck and salmon and if i remember right they all did fine on it. sarah actually had regular skin color on her back and not black skin from the yeast. the only reason i took her off of it was after a month or so her fur just never seemed to grow back in her bald places. and i didnt notice how thin it was until i put her on another food and all her fur all over started to grow back. and also i took them off right around the vit d recall and my dogs were peeing alot then. but other than that i had no complaints. fur might have grown back if i would have left her on it a bit longer. not sure. good luck with it i think its good stuff just watch the recalls. blue has had some over the years.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@GatorRay the only issue that we have ever had w him is his mange, tear stains and of course these dang sesonal allergies he has been having... I'm so thankful that that's been it!

Those are the same (and only) issues we have with Gypsy too. The allergies making her eyes water, causing yucky tear stains. The mange cleared up pretty much on it's own with a few changes in her lifestyle (well, most of the hair has grown back anyway).

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Those are the same (and only) issues we have with Gypsy too. The allergies making her eyes water, causing yucky tear stains. The mange cleared up pretty much on it's own with a few changes in her lifestyle (well, most of the hair has grown back anyway).

What did y'all change in her lifestyle? He still has some spots that haven't fully grown back either.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.