Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feed Nature's Variety INSTINCT ??

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Does anyone feed Nature's Variety INSTINCT ??

This food was recommended to me for Maximus, so I have tried it, and he appears to really like this food. I am using the Limited Ingredient formula Lamb Meal to see if this has any effect
    on his allergies/skin conditions. Is anyone else using or has used this Food for their Bully ?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

I just switched Chunk to it ... We are about a month in (though I took 3 weeks to do the switch so I guess it's more like a week in). I haven't seen any major changes yet ... But really I won't be able to tell for another month or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone feed Nature's Variety INSTINCT ??

Vegas has been on it for about a year and a half, he does wonderful on it. It took him about 6 weeks when I did the food change to see a difference and SMELL the difference, he stunk sooo bad before the food change. He eats the Salmon, I tried the Chicken and it was like taking two steps forward and one step back on the chicken. We stick to strictly Salmon.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Doughnut
    Likes (Received)

We're on the salmon and I saw a change in 2 days...we love it! We also add coconut oil as a supplement.

Bulldog(s) Names
    MooShi and Owen
    Likes (Received)

We feed MooShi NVI ,she is doing very well on it. What we like is that it is made to be rotational, so that they do not get bored with same flavor all the time. She seems to like the salmon and turkey & duck the best.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i tried sarah on it for her yeast and tried two different ones the salmon and rabbit and she didnt do well on either but didnt try the limited ingredient ones as i think they had just come out when i took her off of it. but many here feed with success. i have thought of trying sarah on the lamb limited but she seems to be doing good on the nutrisca and go natural salmon and oatmeal mixture so im going to leave well enough alone for now. let us know if maximus gets better. so hoping this food is the ticket for you.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just bought a few of the canned foods and my boys love it so far. They are actually on Blue Wilderness but there were cans of the Nature's Variety on sale and the interesting thing was, they have a rabbit meat flavor. I put a scoopful on their dry food. I've heard a lot of good things about NVI and would consider them if BW doesn't work out.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I feed NVI to both my bullies and they do very well on it. I echo @KMARINO when I say it drastically reduced the "doggy" smell and also improve the condition of both my dogs' coats, ears, eyes, and overall health. I tried all varieties and they did best on the Beef and Lamb but Truman has since had an episode of superficial pyoderma and is my "itchy" man so if he doesn't improve on Zyrtec, I might try the limited ingredient diet.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

its the one food all 3 of my bullies (all with allergies) can eat. Its has made my life a lot easier
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Natures Variety Instinct, the salmon formula, has by far worked the best for my Samson. He's always done the best with grain free and salmon based foods, I had him on Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Salmon for a couple years. He did well on it for the majority of that time until he got his first ear infection last year, it kept coming back and over the course of 6 months nothing the vet ever prescribed was able to clear it up. BUT after I switched Samson to the NVI salmon the ear infection was gone within 2 weeks and now almost a year later he has never had one again. Since it's potato free it's great for bullys dealing with yeast issues.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to everyone for your input ---- Maximus is on the LID Lamb Meal variety and he likes it, (and my PUG likes it to, and she is strictly an INNOVA girl). So I'm hoping he starts to look better ---- I don't know whether it's Allergies or the food, but right now Max has a red face, swollen eyes, his nose is running and he sneezes ......I've tried both ZYRTEC and BENADRYL and neither one of them are effective at all .
    Does anyone have a recommendation for another Allergy medication I can try ????

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am glad you are trying a new food. I hope it works for him! It does take time though so patience . For the environmental stuff, I think I saw on another thread that you might only be giving half of what you can with the benedryl. You may also want to consider an allergy test. With what you spend on meds it would probably save you money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads