Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone feed Nature's Variety INSTINCT ??

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone feed Nature's Variety INSTINCT ??

The problem is that Maximus prefers his TOTW over the NV Instinct. TOTW is a good food, but it does have potatoes and sweet potatoes, and I have read alot of articles stating potatoes can be a problem for dogs with Allergies, so I had hoped he would favor the NV Instinct more (I have the LID Lamb Meal variety). And now I have read that LAMB can be a problem with dogs who have Allergies, too.

Should I switch to NV Duck, Turkey, or what ??? HELP !

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I don't feed the NVI..but I have read lamb can be like chicken..as far as allergies..and I would stay away from turkey if he has adverse reactions to chicken. How about beef? It's pretty much where I'm stuck right now with Fromm and I think he could do better. I'm giving it more time but I am thinking about going back to natural balance and going with venison or bison..limited ingredient. It does have potaoes..but so far Jake doesn't have yeast issues. @cowsmom really..really likes the nutrisca brand...and she's an expert with food things...that would be my other choice..I hate..hate changing foods...so I'm sticking with Fromm for a bit longer...sigh..I will tag a couple people who feed NVI instinct..they can weigh in! @BabyDuke..and @mbuxx! Help this guy!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Have nothing but good things to say about it.. when we switched Duke, his coat improved a ton and no more yeast build up in the ears.. ( it took a good 6 weeks ) but within a week we noticed he felt better.. much more energetic and bowels were perfect. We feed the duck formula canned and mix with the beef. the duck has peas and carrots in it and he loves it.. the woman at the pet store suggested mixing.. it worked we never looked back. We feed 1/2 can wet mixed with 1/2 cup dry in am and the other half can and 1/2 cup pm.

we too were feeding DVP duck and potato and Duke would get ear infections once a month.. I would try it?? Good Luck

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

honestly there is nothing wrong with lamb unles your dog happens to be allergic. there is nothing wrong with potatoes unless your dog is allergic to it. Sarah has been eating lamb for a while now with no problems. all 3 of my dogs eat chicken just fine. as long as max likes the food its ok if he doesnt like it as well as totw. i would keep him on it for a bit see if he does ok on it. it also sounds like maximus problems could be environmental not food. i believe it was discussed in another thread to up his antihistamine dosage. sarah gets 1 and 1/2 to 2 zyrtec in the am and by 9pm some days she needs more. its just really bad this month for allergies. if you need to you can rub some canned food he likes on his kibble to get him to eat it better. i hope max feels better soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads