Puppy Food?

DozerWA

Sep 3, 2011
Marysville, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello All,

We are welcoming home our new bully in a few weeks. The forums seem to agree that Fromm is the best food but I couldn't find anything specifically to puppy food. Is Fromm the best?

Thanks

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Gratz & welcome! It is going to depend on your new Bully's reactions to whatever you feed him/her. I think Fromm is a good start, others may have their opinions, but whatever you choose, take time to slowly transition food. I had to transition her off of the breeder's food (Canidae). I did a 10 day transition for Arwen, and had zero issues with her stool becoming soft/liquid, or her frequency of going.

I know others with more EB experience will chime in - again, welcome! oh, and... We love :kewl: so make sure you have fresh batteries for your camera! :D

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
well, I wouldnt say that there is even one that is best...lol...there is good, bad, worse, pretty good :D When I fed kibble it was always grain free. From the commonly found ones the better ones are - Blue Buffalo Wilderness, Taste of the Wild, Canidae, Timberwolf Organics....from the harder ones to find Orijen and Fromm...there is more, but these are just from the top of my head. You will have to find what works for your bully. Also, I have never left a dog with one food company for too long. I have always switched (slowly) between few of them.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
You received some great advice above but I wanted to say :welcome: to EBN! We can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. We also love stories and videos! Hope you feel at home here. What a great journey you are about to go on!

MrUNC07

Sep 5, 2011
Well.... I too recently got a bulldog (about 4 months ago), he will be 5 months old this week and after doing A LOT of research I decided on Royal Canin for a variety of reasons. NOW, having said that I did talk to my veterinarian who also has bulldogs and they highly recommended Royal Canin - the vet actually said to me, "Do not switch him from that food. That is great food." I especially liked that they had breed specific formulas and one of those formulas was for the Bulldog (Bulldog 24). ALSO - Royal Canin recently introduced Bulldog Puppy 30 - a brand new formula for bulldog puppies. I literally just found this food today at PetSmart and so far I have been unable to find ANYONE else with it - but the lady at PetSmart told me they just started selling it 3-4 weeks ago. Anyway, long story short, I highly recommend Royal Canin, my bulldog has been doing great on it!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of my bullies did not do well on Royal Canine bulldog formula and gas was horrible. Their puppy formula is good though.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well.... I too recently got a bulldog (about 4 months ago), he will be 5 months old this week and after doing A LOT of research I decided on Royal Canin for a variety of reasons. NOW, having said that I did talk to my veterinarian who also has bulldogs and they highly recommended Royal Canin - the vet actually said to me, "Do not switch him from that food. That is great food." I especially liked that they had breed specific formulas and one of those formulas was for the Bulldog (Bulldog 24). ALSO - Royal Canin recently introduced Bulldog Puppy 30 - a brand new formula for bulldog puppies. I literally just found this food today at PetSmart and so far I have been unable to find ANYONE else with it - but the lady at PetSmart told me they just started selling it 3-4 weeks ago. Anyway, long story short, I highly recommend Royal Canin, my bulldog has been doing great on it!
Vets are certainly of "different minds"!! My vet just hates ANY foods that are advertised as "breed specific"...she feels this is a marketing gimmick and totally unnecessary...the important thing to remember is..every one of these bullies are different and what works well for one might just be so so for yours. That's why it's so frustrating! As you try different foods..keep a little journal and write down the effects this food had on your dog. Makes it easier if you must try a few..the different problems seem to run together! You might even want to start a blog here..[MENTION=3161]DozerWA[/MENTION]..might help lots of people down the road! Don't worry..you will be successful,

W

WilliomJacob

It all depends on your puppy's taste and his breed type but generally i will advise you that protein and dehydrates must be the part of small dog's food.

Last edited by a moderator:

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I second Fromm Puppy Gold. We just recently switched from that when Lola turned 6 months old.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online