BB wilderness or fromm?

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
so dually is 3 now and is about 70 lbs, he isnt overweight(go look in the pic section and u can see how awesome he is), but his stool is getting soft. I am feeding him blue buffalo lamb and rice. Izzy is eating it too and her stool is soft too. I was feeding him royal canine bulldog and he didnt have soft stools at all but when I found out the food was junk I switched him. Im really thinkng that blue buffalo wilderness or the from grain free will help alot. Im just having such a hard time deciding on which one to pick, the fromm or the blue buffalo. I found alot of info about fromm and Im having a hard time finding much about the wilderness. Anyone have comments on which to pick?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I use the fromm for my boys but have used the wilderness when I couldn't get my order of fromm in time. My boys love both and since they are both grain free, I don't think you will go wrong with either one. Wilderness you can find in petsmart so that makes it nice and handy if I run out where as I can only order fromm online. Price wise, I think they're comparable. I know I probably wasn't much help, but if you are looking for easy access then I would go with the wilderness unless you can get fromm where you are from.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Just a thought....if you feed too much, their poop will be soft.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I am feed Matilda the BB Wilderness. She is doing great on it. Is Dually active?? If he is he might do good on it. I feed he Salmon in the morn and Duck in the evening. If Dually isn't so active then the BB Wilderness wouldn't good. It would actuallymake him fat.

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Just a thought....if you feed too much, their poop will be soft.

ditto on that, I have had that problem in the past - all because I followed the guidelines on the bag. Once I started cutting back slowly - I found the right amount and no more soft poo

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Dually is very active, so is Izzy. Im thinking that im going to try the wilderness since its so easy to get. There is a Dog boutique not to far from me but im not paying 70 bucks for fromm when I can get it online. But like I said I think I am trying the wilderness for the dogs.

As far as feeding too much I dont think im doing that. I measure their food out in cups every morning and night. Dually is on 3 cups a day right now and izzy is on two cups a day. Dually is right at 70 lbs and Izzy is at 40.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Last edited:

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
This is just a disclaimer - every dog is individual :-)

Now, before switching Zeus to raw he was on Wilderness and his poo was not too solid. I mean, not leaky but soft. Before him I had Pit Bull and he have been on grain free food and honestly I cant tell that on any of the various foods I fed him his stool was solid-solid. Always kinda firm, but soft.

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
This is just a disclaimer - every dog is individual :-)

Now, before switching Zeus to raw he was on Wilderness and his poo was not too solid. I mean, not leaky but soft. Before him I had Pit Bull and he have been on grain free food and honestly I cant tell that on any of the various foods I fed him his stool was solid-solid. Always kinda firm, but soft.

Well right now both dogs have a soft soft stool. Im gonna slowy start switching them to wilderness this week and see what happens.

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
thanks guys, I hate this whole dog food type, its a pain in the butt, but the bullys are SO worth it!!

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Well we made the switch to wilderness. Its been an easy switch so far. Its only been 5 days but I will let u all know how it goes in the next few weeks.

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Sorry I haven been on the boards for while work has been keeping me super busy.. Anyway the switch to wilderness is going great. The dogs love the new food and there stools are nice and solid now. I also have been putting salmon oil on the food in the mornings. But I am really happy I switched to the wilderness!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great to hear the switch is going well... it is tough finding the right food for your baby! seems you made the right choice

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.