What do you feed your Bulldog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
We had a very similar problem! Our poor baby chelios has horrible allergies too the doctor gave us prednizone for the allergies it worked but once we took him off the pills they would come back. We found out that he was allergic to ingredients in his dog food that would trigger the reaction. We went from pedigree to royal canin a pricier bulldog formula but this still didn't help. :/ I would almost say it made it worst. So we tried a brand called Blue Buffalo (for special skin && allergy problems) the salmon && sweet potato one and it worked like magic! We haven't seen any reaction or anything since! I would deff. recommend it! :)

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
blue buffalo is better than the previous one . BUT not good enough for a Bulldog long term.
Please try the Fromm, 4 star foods. duck & sweet potato, or salmon would be my first choice for allergies,the salmon one they have is great. and you will find the guaranteed analysis in writing on the bag , which includes the pre and pro biotics for digestion and the immune system.
Blue Buffalo has some issues just yet , they are trying.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Re: What do you feed your Bull Dog ?

I don't know about anyone else, but as for me, MY HEAD IS SPINNING! So many dog foods on the market, and there appear to be issues with all of them! I have had "Maximus" my Bulldog for a little over a month, and I have had him on 4 different brands of food. Thats enough to make anyone and any Bulldog a little messed-up! I would really like to get one Quality food that agree's with Maximus and stick with it. I have my PUG on INNOVA, and I started Maximus on INNOVA as well, but it appears now that there are issues with INNOVA! I had him on CALIFORNIA NATURAL, but now there appears to be issues with that food as well. I had him on FROMM, but it did not agree with him and he vomited and had diarrhea (in addition to the diarrhea from the Giardia). I now am giving Maximus CANIDAE, which he appears to like alot. He is eating the ALS Grain-Free formula. It's a little high in the PROTEIN area, so I will switch him to the regular CANIDAE ALS formula shortly. Because of his Giardia right now, I have him on a BLAND boiled ground beef & rice Diet, since he is on a Panacur treatment.

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
I want to share with you what a difference I see in my bulldogs after I start cooking home food for them. Thanks to Lindathedogsmaid for all useful and important advices she gave me about how to feed them. My dogs doesn't have tear stains, no gases anymore, acne disappeared and all of this only one month since I cook some rice with meat for them.
You can see the pictures bellow and see how beautiful they are now:)))))))

Attachments

• IMG_0548 small.jpg
    IMG_0548 small.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0522 small.jpg
    IMG_0522 small.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I want to share with you what a difference I see in my bulldogs after I start cooking home food for them. Thanks to Lindathedogsmaid for all useful and important advices she gave me about how to feed them. My dogs doesn't have tear stains, no gases anymore, acne disappeared and all of this only one month since I cook some rice with meat for them.

They really are beautiful I agree. Isnt it a lot of work and expensive tho to cook for them?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
They really are beautiful I agree. Isnt it a lot of work and expensive tho to cook for them?

Sam got sick one time and the doctor said to feed him only boiled boneless skinless chicken breast, cottage cheese and white rice, did this for weeks. It's really not that much more expensive (I always buy that stuff anyways) and I just let those 2 things boil while I cooked my human dinner for that night so it wasn't too bad.

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
It is a lot of work but I'm doing it with pleasure especially when I see the results. Here in Bulgaria dog foods are very expensive. One bag Orijen is almost 100 $ and when I make calculation it is cheaper to cook then to buy. The good thing with coking is that I can I know what they are eating and can lend variety of different meat and vegetables which I believe is good for them. I never saw them so inpatient when they see me filling their cups with food.:))) Some times I'll make a video of them when I'm bringing their cups in the room ...:)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Do you have "before" pictures? Would love to add your dog food story to "Dog Food Then & Now"

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/DogFood-Then_And_Now.html

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
Yes :)
I'll try to find old pictures where the problems are well visible and will attach them here... or to send on your e-mail????

sparklle0913

Feb 8, 2010
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond and Brutus
My last bulldog passed away a couple month ago, and i feed her BLUE, it never caused a problem throughtout her life :(
But my new bulldog puppy has been itching away with this dogfood, idk if its that or the grass outside when we go out to play.She gets these rashes and bumps, i'm gonig to try changing her dogfood too, hopefully you guys can help, thanks
Natalie

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Science Diet Dog Food
16 Dog Food Reviews
Yes Red Flag Ingredients
Avg. Rating Dry 1.5 Paw Prints – out of a rating possible of 5
Avg. Rating Can 2 Paw Prints—out of a possible rating of 4

owned by Colgate Palmolive Inc

are heated to about 194°F (90° C) during the cooking-extrusion process (would not reveal cooking time for dry food) and canned foods are heated to about 248°F (120°C) for at least 20-30 minutes. (((that length of time would hydrolyze all the ingredients down to their component imino acids. Very bad !!!)))) to hot-- to long. Most foods are cooked at about that degree for a 5 to 6 minuets!!!!

Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (

Red Flag Ingredients: Chicken by-product meal, Animal Fat)---is this a quality PRODUCT TO YOU ????

Minus:.... The Science Diet Representative told me ingredients are pet quality/grade not human quality/grade. The mineral listings do not read to be chelated or proteinated (for better mineral absorption). This food does NOT appear to contain probiotics (friendly bacteria that benefits the intestinal system and in turn the immune system of the pet). Contains Animal Fat - ingredient determined by the FDA to be most likely to contain euthanized animals. Contains by-products. Contains Sodium Selenite - potential risk form of selenium.
I do hope all of you rethink trusting the vet for your loved ones foods. sience diet can now be found in pet food stores too. SCARY!!!!!!!
no quality pet foods will be found in a large chain pet store----THEY CANNOT MAKE ENOUGH PROFIT PER BAG. and even us small stores can make a $20 .00 profit at least. so how much do the chain stores NEED????

Linda A Parks
http://www.thundershirt.com/

michelle

Jun 25, 2010
Lima,Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle,Ella,Lilly,Queenie
dog lovers gold. I have educated myself alot about my bulldogs food. I have 4 of them. I will be home later tonight you can e-mail me your # if you like and I can call you. I also worked for local vet over 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.