Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I spent alot of time on dogfoodanalysis.com reading Reviews of all of the dog foods. INNOVA is a 5-Star Food, and a very good food. FROMM is a 4-Star Food. MERRICK is a 5-Star Food. My Bulldog is a 5-month old Puppy - NATURE'S LOGIC does not make Puppy Food. NATURE'S VARIETY also does not make Puppy Food. I will stick with INNOVA until I see that Proctor & Gamble is altering it's current ingredient composition. My main concern right now is to eliminate the Allergic reaction my Bulldog apparently has had as a result of being fed Eukanuba for months. I will try both FROMM and MERRICK as they both have very positive Reviews.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow that food looks really good but isnt sold anywhere in Ca. :( Maybe it will spread throughout the country with word of mouth.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
As a rule of thumb, anything that is advertised on tv is crap. The company is spending more money on advertisement than they are on improving the quality of the food. We feed Vegas and Orion a food called Dog Lovers Gold. They do not use any fillers. No corn, no wheat or soy. When we first found the food in 2007, we had to drive to Oregon to buy it. But, since word of mouth works wonders, is has finally made it's way to Washington state. It can go anywhere from 40 to 50 dollars for a bag. We found an awesome lady in Oregon who buys it from the distributor and sells it for what she buys it. So we get it for 30 dollars a bag. This is awesome food. I can't begin to say enough about it. Every dog will react different to different foods. Vegas hardly ever has gas. Orion is sometimes gassy. But compared to my mom's two bulldogs who eat Royal Canin.....those two are smelly gassy and all day gassy. http://www.dogloversgold.eu/usa/ingredients.html

Sorry my last post was a reply to this, was looking at the wrong page. :eek:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Wow that food looks really good but isnt sold anywhere in Ca. :( Maybe it will spread throughout the country with word of mouth.

How close are you to the Oregon border? You can also call the distributor for Wa/Oregon and talk with him. He is a super nice guy. I love this food. It has great ingredients and no fillers. When we found out the Orion would be ours (at 3 days old) we asked that she only be fed Dog Lover's Gold. Once she was started on solids (they were grinding up the food and mixing it with dog formula) she continued on it. I didn't want the hassel of changing an 8 week old puppy to a new dog food ontop of a new house/and a new brother.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I spent alot of time on dogfoodanalysis.com reading Reviews of all of the dog foods. INNOVA is a 5-Star Food, and a very good food. FROMM is a 4-Star Food. MERRICK is a 5-Star Food. My Bulldog is a 5-month old Puppy - NATURE'S LOGIC does not make Puppy Food. NATURE'S VARIETY also does not make Puppy Food. I will stick with INNOVA until I see that Proctor & Gamble is altering it's current ingredient composition. My main concern right now is to eliminate the Allergic reaction my Bulldog apparently has had as a result of being fed Eukanuba for months. I will try both FROMM and MERRICK as they both have very positive Reviews.

thank you, and natures Logic has a better review than Merrick. But they do not offer pre and pro biotics, as does Fromm .
and you will not see any change in the ingredients according to an inside letter from Procter and Gamble. to Nutra.they are to stay the same for now. but you had better believe that the formula will change.
and they will never show it. they were told to continue to address the high end market. so as most do they will just have differant levels of food. pricing the high end way up. go to the fromm home page and put in your zip. it will tell you where you can buy it. in 6 to 8 weeks you should see a vast difference. in coat, fur texture, stools. the lack there of.! do not over feed though . a half to 2/3 cup twice a day keeps them quite stout. that amount has kept many larger, more active breeds quite healthy for years. good luck.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
please go to the fromm home page and click on store locater, it will ask for your zip. and tell you where you can buy this food. if I can find a dealer for a great food in Bulgaria, you should be able to find it in CA,
BY the way is that CA, as in Canada, or CA as in California?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ca as in California and we are nowhere near the Oregon border unfortunately. Southern Cali actually so that is a no go. Too bad, dog lovers gold really does look good.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Hi there. I was talking about Fromm, and Natures Logic, Natures variety , and Merrick. in that order.
But Dog lovers gold must be made under a differ ant company name. I have never heard of it. But I will find out who makes it , and that will tell lots. everybody is branching out to make a new claim in the food business after 2007.and food recall. many foods are under another label. But it just means a different name same old business. Co, spend a lot to sell the sizzle, not the meat. it works for many folks to believe what the eyes tell them.
I will let you know who that food is under. take care. but trust the ones like Fromm who put the guarantee in writing that they guaranteed analysis is including the pre,& pro biotics, the lactobacsillis(MS) and those kinds of things are in the written proof. this boosts the immune system and helps digestion .much like yogurt!

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I am on the home page of Dog Lovers Gold.
and just as I thought. It sounds good until you go to the Guaranteed analysis spot. these are the only items that they guarantee. all the rest is at their whim. and may or may not contain anything but a trace. NO quantity specified. no GUARANTY at all.(a trace amount is all that is required to say that it has it in the food) and even worse---there is no guaranty that it always has a certain amount.
here is what is says.

Dog Lovers Gold quaranteed analysis
Crude protein min 25.00% Vitamin A min
20.000 lU/kg
Crude fat min. 16.00% Vitamin D3 min.
2.000 IU/kg
Crude fiber max. 4.50% Vitamin C min.
50 mg/kg
Crude ash max. 7.50% Vitamin E min.
200 IU/kg
Moisture max 10.00% Copper min
20 mg/kg
Omega-6 fatty acid min
3.10 %
Omega-3 fatty acid min
0.60%
---------------------------------
no where does it list - in this guarantee. any of these items below, that Fromm does guarantee.
with similar, type products to do the same job.
Freeze Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation, Aspergillus Niger Fermentation, Bacillus Subtilis,
and what is this derived from-? Beta Carotene--
and what is the Lecithin -- derived from , I will bet it is SOY-- something most breeds do NOT do well with.(they don't say SOY though)
and where do the vitamins come from? are they natural occurring vitamins within products used or are they man made, and if so what country do they come from.????
and everyone knows that dogs do not digest flaxseed the way humans do ---so why use flaxseed,?? so that they can use an inferior fish . rather than SALMON which has both omega 3 and 6 .it is cheaper. and
even though it might be human grade meat, -- where does it say MUSCLE meat, prime cut?????? it should have those words if it is something you and I would eat, intestines, animal feet, but they are,- human grade and eaten by many races of humans, but muscle meat is only the roasts, steaks, those types of meat. they are prime cut, not just human grade. that is how they sell the sizzle--not the meat. it sounds good , but often is just that only sounds. like in the meat case now. you will see Angus beef, what is the other??? dairy cows! natural only means.what it may find in the field, it means nothing.
the advertising is so slick anymore, that the only warning they have to give of something harmful, is to put the ingredient in BOLD print. that is to be your warning, no matter how harmful it may be. sad----we are facing car salesman everywhere.!!!!!

clanning

Jun 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee & Bentley
Our dog seems to have very similar symptoms and I was feeding her NutroMax for nearly 8 months and she was at the vet constantly, I also did the full work up to see what she was exactly allergic to. Anyway we now feed her the Royal Canin for Bulldogs and I don't care what others say she has done a complete 360 her eyes are all cleared up and her wrinkles stay a lot cleaner. This food also helped with the gas! I also give her Angel eyes it helps reduce the yeast, I haven't noticed a huge difference in her eyes and face but she no longer has those brown stains under her eyes.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Hi there. royal canine had a recall when all the others did back in 2007, the shape is great but it has ingredients I wouldn't use. But that's not why I am responding. the way to keep yeast infections at bay on face,paws, tail, and in ears ,is 50/50 % apple cider vinegar and water twice a week. they will never get a yeast infection again. also hydrogen peroxide will remove the stain. just keep it out of the eye itself. soak a cloth or make up square. I use those for everything from ears to tail.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Hi,

I am new to this site... I just was reading about food fed to bull dogs.... I have had my two bullies on Royal Canin from the start and have not had problems with either one. What would you recomment feeding a bulldog? Thank you, Mom2bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.