Status
Not open for further replies.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
we started feeding Horse Nature's Logic Lamb about a week ago and have already noticed a difference in his general itchiness and his face is way less red, he also has way fewer stools (he was going about 6 times a day!). So far, I'm thinking we've found the right food! It's amazing to me how much of a difference a good quality food can make!

Attachments

• walking.jpg
    walking.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 51

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
When I got Bertie she was eating Science Diet Puppy formula. I switched her over to Wellness Puppy she seems to really like it alot. My cocker spaniel is on Wellness Core...he's been on it for about a year...Bertie eats it whenever she can sneak into his food bowl!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I've always feed my dogs Canidae (I think I'm spelling it right). I had a boxer before who had no problems on it, and Momo doesn't seem to have problems with it, either.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
PS Here's an awesome book to check out:

Foods Pets Die for by Ann N. Martin

And if you're crunched for time like we all are (altho it's a short easy read and cheap off of amazon) here's a good link to get an excerpt of it...

http://www.homevet.com/petcare/foodbook.html

OMG!!!!!!! That is disgusting!!!! What they consider "meat".... Yep, so glad we are going with good dog food from here on out! You should see Molly, she looks like a million bucks! A week ago she looked terrible.

We switched her to Avoderm. When I went to petsmart a couple of days ago they said Avoderm was going out of business and they were selling it out. Is this true or are they just not going to carry it?

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 63

Aqualung

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Stomper
an interesting read 4 sure!! I just changed over to Wellnes reduced fat core dog food..I'm hoping to knock 10 to 15 pounds off her..11 months and 68 pounds..

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
an interesting read 4 sure!! I just changed over to Wellnes reduced fat core dog food..I'm hoping to knock 10 to 15 pounds off her..11 months and 68 pounds..

Please let us know how it goes! I am looking for everyone to take before and after pictures for our "Dog Food then and Now" page, similar to our other then and now pages. So make sure you send us the photos once you can see the visible difference!

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
yes I use SoJo's too. it is great, however , the Canidae.---Blue Buffalo ----Taste of the Wild are not great foods. please email me privately. and I will send you a breakdown of what is actually in them and why they are not great, or even that good!
and I also can tell you how much the sojo's makes per bag. it swells tremendously. meat is all you need.
BUT-- if you cant guarantee that the meat has no e-coli--- meaning. know the butcher, or do not take the chance. cook the meat. dogs get e-coli, and salmonella like we do. good luck.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
As a rule of thumb, anything that is advertised on tv is crap. The company is spending more money on advertisement than they are on improving the quality of the food. We feed Vegas and Orion a food called Dog Lovers Gold. They do not use any fillers. No corn, no wheat or soy. When we first found the food in 2007, we had to drive to Oregon to buy it. But, since word of mouth works wonders, is has finally made it's way to Washington state. It can go anywhere from 40 to 50 dollars for a bag. We found an awesome lady in Oregon who buys it from the distributor and sells it for what she buys it. So we get it for 30 dollars a bag. This is awesome food. I can't begin to say enough about it. Every dog will react different to different foods. Vegas hardly ever has gas. Orion is sometimes gassy. But compared to my mom's two bulldogs who eat Royal Canin.....those two are smelly gassy and all day gassy. http://www.dogloversgold.eu/usa/ingredients.html

Last edited:

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
thank you for posting this link. I read this book many years ago , when it first came out but didn't copy the name of the author. I am going to buy it an show people , and remember it was many years ago.!!!!
things are even worse now. if anyone has a chance to down load a (dirtiest jobs segment on rendering plants) please do - it is so informative!! if ANY PET FOOD doesn't say-- human grade, prime cut, muscle meat. you are getting meat by products, from the rendering plants. and those Companies will also get the vitamins from chemically,man made and probably imported ingredients! there are MAYBE 6 FOODS on the market that are good enough to feed any dogs let alone BULLDOGS !
any one wanting information about ingredients in pet foods, contact me privately. @ [email protected] I belong to the truth about pet foods site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 54

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
I searched all the good food from the list one by one and I found we don't have any of them here in Bulgaria. The best food we have is Science plan and it is approximately 100$ per bag which is to much for me with my 2 dogs. I decide to cook for them home food - rise, meet, vegetables. I also order from England some supplement with vitamins and minerals and one with natural fibers. I started yesterday.
Do you think it will be good for them?

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Dear Sofia
thank you for caring , if you have internet, go online and type in natures logic, then click on find a store, they will ask for a mailing zip code!! put that in the open box , and it should tell you where you can buy it, the same with any brand,you want, if you need help please e-mail me - bullysmum@gmail ----- and I will call the manufacturer and find out a place to buy it for you. just let me know your mailing zip code.
But If you choose to make the dog food-- it is important to get the mix of meat to carbs(yams/sweet potatoes, brown rice, correct.not to mention vitamins,calcium. they do not need a whole lot, but in the right portion. I must go just now for an appointment, but will be back later today with more info for you. in the mean time. email me with your zip.privately. thanks Sofia.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Hi -

My Bulldog came to me from the breeder being fed EUKANUBA. As a result, his skin and allergies were horrible. I am quickly weaning him off the Eukanuba and putting him on INNOVA - No corn, No wheat, No soy. Once his allergies calm down, I'm sure he will feel a whole lot better. I have tried numerous dog foods on my PUG as well, including Buffalo Blue, Wellness, Solid Gold, and she would not eat any of them. She will only eat INNOVA. I trust Innova, and for at least the present time (even though Proctor & Gamble has purchased the company) the food has good ingredients.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
while the food until now has had no red flag ingredients, it has only had 10 reviews, not enough to qualify as tried and true. HOWEVER now that that company has been bought, it will change very much. just as EUKANUBA. did, and Wellness just did. and Iams, and many problems do not show up for years, BUT BY THEN its to late. Please consider changing right away, to one of these foods, there was an issue about eukanuba that I wouldn't feed my Bulldogs 12 yrs ago. and I think it was soy,( the source of lethacyn) in many foods. in order of choice, this food guarantees the food analysis to be true. and they put it in writing as such, right on the bag. Fromm, it has it as is on the bag. you will not find an food with better ratings than this food. Natures Logic is next,but then natures variety is next followed by Merricks. innova is way down there in amongst the middle. organ damage takes a while to show.one of many that hide for long periods. if you find the company online and type in your zip it will tell you where you can find any food. and remember-- if it is in petco, or petsmart, it is not a quality food. they do not make enough profit to carry it. and even if they did, I can get 20 dollars a bag profit on it myself and that should be against the law to make even that much on the product. how much are they making on those brands. that's why manufacturers want to make it cheaper so they can sell more to stores. and why they spend so much on advertising. the good foods do not advertise, the product does it for them. advertising is the most costly of all marketing. ask your self. why they need to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online