I would love some advise on food

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Oh no! Now he has blood in his diarrhea! I feel so bad him. I hope his food gets here soon.

Last edited:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Welcome and oh boy is the food issues a pain in the rear. Heh

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hon have you taken this dog to a vet for a checkup maybe? if i saw blood in my dogs diarrhea i would think about seeing a vet to get it checked. is it just the one time or happens often? might be nothing might be something. just sayin. i hope he gets better and the food gets here.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
He had the blood three times. I stopped the food and the blood stopped. I just got the Go Natural Salmon today and gave it to him for dinner. I hope to see some improvement.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Has he had a normal poop since you changed food? I would also consider going to the vet for blood in the poop. I hope it doesn't continue.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well it can take a bit for a new food to improve things. like a few days or weeks. just give it a few days and see where you are then. hope it works. sarah seems to be doing well on her mixture with it.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
His stools are still very soft, still licking his paws, and no improvement in his rust colored wrinkles. I hope to see some improvement soon.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Sulley has a slight improvement in his wrinkles, but his stools are still soft. I am hoping this food change helps. I do not know what I would do next...I guess take him for allergy testing. He has been on the new food since Monday night.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
If the Go Natural Salmon does notbwork, do you think I should try the Nutrisca Salmon or Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Have you tried a spoonful of pumpkin in his kibble? NOT pumpkin pie filling...the straight pumpkin. It works so well for both runny poo and constipation. Got Jake over a few rough patches. Just use for a few days..then try without. It will unfortunately..probably take a few weeks to see if the food is really helping. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can help you decide which food to try next! This is so difficult. Probably the hardest part of these guys!

MrUNC07

Sep 5, 2011
Honestly, I would take him to the vet to make sure everything is OK before I worry about the food. However, I have a Bulldog puppy and he has been eating Royal Canin Medium Puppy 32 formula and he has done very well on it so far. The vet even said, "Don't switch him from that food. That is great food." So, I haven't switched him and plan to keep him on Royal Canin. I did just switch his food (today) to a new formula Royal Canin just introduced, Bulldog 30 - it is puppy food for Bulldogs. Look for it at PetSmart and ask your vet his/her opinion about food choices, that's probably your best bet, but I'm definitely pleased with Royal Canin so far.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would put him on bland diet and if the stool does not harden in 24 hours I would see a vet. He could have something else going on. Like a blockage or giardia...

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
A little update....I thought things were improving because the rust color on his tummy and thighs seemed to be getting better, but now he is licking his paws more than ever and the wrinkles seem to be getting worse. I guess I need to call the vet.

Members online

No members online now.