Grizzly Salmon oil

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Hello everyone,

I just purchased Grizzly salmon oil yesterday on the suggestion of a friend for Molly's skin. She told me that it is really good for the coat and diet. I just wanted to ask the forum your thoughts on this product?

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 116

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Lots of people here use it and love it. It's on my list for Jake as soon as he's more settled on a food. Where did you find it? Most people get it online.

OP
Puckstr33

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I purchased it from Pet Club here in The Bay Area. Great store and about 20% less then most other places and they have a coupon once a week. I got a 32.oz bottle for $28.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I purchased it from Pet Club here in The Bay Area. Great store and about 20% less then most other places and they have a coupon once a week. I got a 32.oz bottle for $28.
:hmm: don't think we have pet club in southern cal..but thanks for info! I'm going to look around now that I know it's available in stores too!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I personally liked what it did for both my boys coats. However, I got the 64 oz bottle and just threw it away after using about 1/2 of it. I just listened to this interesting dog show on Sirius radio a few days ago and grizzly salmon oil was being discussed. Basically, it's a good oil but that it's the plastic bottle it comes in and it not being refrigerated that causes it to go rancid. Think of how oils like vegetabe, olive, canola, etc. Go rancid when not used over the course of time. Same thing happens with salmon oil. I oftened wondered if it contributed to my pups having loose stools. I plan on rebuying more soon. There's a brand that comes in a metal container they talked about but I can't recall its name right now. Overrall though my boys' coats looked so much better, shined more and less shedding, when they were given salmon oil. This is just my experience. :)

Last edited:

Melody Diaz

May 30, 2011
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Napoleon
I have been using it for about 3 months and have noticed a tremendous improvement in his coat and skin. He does not shed as much as he did prior to using it and his coat is SUPER soft!!! I use a Furminator on him about 1-2 times a week just because. I notice he has sooo much less hair though when grooming him. He has never had any stool issues with the salmon oil either.

I purchase the Grizzly Salmon Oil from Amazon and use as directed on the bottle. I have thought of switching to krill oil but since he's doing great with Grizzly, I decided to just leave it alone. It doesn't smell as bad as some think either. Perhaps some people have a hyper sensitive sense of smell but it isn't a problem with me. I love the stuff and highly recommend it.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't use Grizzly, but salmon oil is great for them. It can also help to boost the immune system as well as give them a lovely coat. It doesn't say on the bottle, but I refrigerate mine.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I use Grizzly for both of my boys and their I always get complemented on how their coats look. I've noticed that they don't shed as much and I hardly ever see dry, flaky spots on their skin. Just an occasional one where a "love" bite is healing LOL!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Really LOVE Grizzly Salmon Oil ... I get mine from Petflow ... I get the Fromm so I just add it to the order. Although you have to type it in the search bar, I think it's listed under something quite obscure and it took me a while to find it on their site. Let me know if you have difficulties. I can get it from one of our local petsupply places but it's horrendously expensive!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think this time what I will do is order the smaller size since it last quite a long time. The boys' coats are still nice but the shine they had is gone. I'll also keep it in the fridge to avoid it going rancid before I can finish using it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good point about it going bad, never thought of it. However I wonder if the type of packaging material would make much diff cuz olive oil in a glass bottle still will turn after a period of time. Good idea on keeping it in the fridge but my fridge is kinda full. Gonna have to pay attention to how long it takes the boys to finish theirs now. On a side note tho, have never had loose stools from using ours so I dont think that would cause it so much. I also get mine from petflow to top off my order every couple of months. It is hard to find anything on their site thats for sure but it is there.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I just looked at my bottle and it says to keep it out of light and can be kept room temp or refrigerated. I buy the 32 oz. bottle since I have two bullies and end up going through a bottle every 4 months so I just put it in the fridge.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I did a bit more research today on Salmon Oil and generally it last for 60 to 90 days. It's recommended to keep in the fridge overall for a longer life. It does go rancid like any other oil and generally you can tell by the smell.

Has anyone every heard of Iceland Pure Salmon Oil? icelandpure.com

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.