JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
The grain to grain free post got me thinking of how I don't like guessing games, so off to the vet later today both Wilson and Jack go to get an allergy test done. The way I figure it it'll eliminate the guessing game on my end if either is allergic to chicken, grains, grass, etc. It's a bit pricey for the test but worth it to me. I'm really curious now.

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
I had the allergy tests done on Buster and he was allergic to 25 different things - wheat, beef, peas, etc. to dust mites, some trees, grasses, etc too. We got him on the right food and he is doing great now - has seasonal allergies once in a while but otherwise very healthy. Was glad to get him off of the prescription ZD Ultra hypoallergiic food!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What are you feeding Buster now?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I've had Bullie for a month and she just showed ONE red spot on her chin. WAAAAA!!! I'm starting to get really anxious.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I, believe it or not, don't think allergy testing is a bad idea. I am all for trying to figure it out on your own for a bit but once you have switched food a few times, it is time to just get tested and move on IMO. Good for you!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I bet Wilsons allergic to eating :poo: just sayin! :evil: :angel:
:ROFL: :ROFL: Good one! He does have some red bumbs on his chin, one big one and it just pussed tonight like a zit! I knew it was there but didn't realize it was infected until I was just doing his front nails and he was upside down. All kinds of yuckie stuff came out of it. EWWWW.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Good for you for doing this. i wish i would have had sarah tested long time ago. im going to have her tested as soon as i find somewhere here that does it. my vet doesnt do it so not sure where to get it done. i could have saved myself alot of time and trouble and food if i would have done this long time ago but really didnt know about it till i came here. save yourself time and get the test done after a few food trials. but which test? ive heard that the blood test is not conclusive. anyone know that has had their pet tested.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i did ask my vet about allergy testing but he said its a waste of money as it can show false positives,annie has been itching for 5 months,i kept her off carpet,grass and she was itch free for 2 weeks but in my haste to let her play on grass or sit with us in the lounge ,i let her on both at the same time ,dummy lol,i also gave her a couple of egg yolks and shes back to itching!!!!,so its back to the drawing board lol,but at least i know 1 of these things is the trigger and that she will stop itching again I HOPE lol,karen

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
How do they establish exactly what they are allergic to? I remember getting the allergy test done as a kid with like a thousand little skin pricks but Im guessing thats not what they do with the pooches?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.