Ok - Need to transition Penny from puppy food...help me choose?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
She is currently on Fromm Puppy Gold & doing well on it. They vet said since she is spayed that she is ready to transition from puppy food. She is just about 6 months old. The Fromm Puppy has duck, chicken, & lamb as protein sources. She is doing well on it, but does have watery eyes (seasonal?) at times and sometimes her face gets stinky. Someone (@karenben ?) mentioned their bullie feeling oily? I do notice this sometimes.

She did NOT do well on Wellness puppy that has deboned chicken as it's first ingredient. I'm not sure what Fromm Four Star to try first. She doesn't have any skin issues (knock on wood).

I'm not sure if I go straight to the grain free to start with the others & see how she does? I was thinking maybe the Salmon a la veg or Pork & Applesauce to get away from a poultry protein source to see if that changes anything.

Thoughts?

My husband made some crack about expensive food at obedience class. The dog trainer at made a comment about how shiny Penny is & how great she looks. She gave him a big line about how important it is. The class is at a natural pet food store & I recently figured out they sell Fromm there. :tongue:

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well in my very NON expert opinion...:laugh: I might start with the non grain free and see how she does! A few more choices there and you might get lucky! You can always go grain free down the road!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would try the salmon al la veg first :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie gets oily fur when shes allergic to something also excess shedding ,once the allergy passes through her she stops shedding and doesnt feel greasy,karen

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Just last week we just finished transitioning Lola to Fromm Surf and Turf. She was on Fromm Puppy Gold before that. She is seven months old and was just spayed. She likes it and seems to be doing well on it. The best part we've found is no more stinky gas!! However, her tear stains are returning. I am going to give it a month or so. If the tear stains persist we'll try the Beef Frittata. Good luck!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] to maybe try a non grain free at first see how it goes and i was thinking salmon a la veg to. you can always switch to grain free if you choose later.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.