Kirkland Signature food?

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Ok guys, so its about time I switch Buster off of his current food. I've been reading around and trying to find a good balance between affordability (i am by no means rich :/) and high quality. I was considering one of the Blue brand foods but my gf is adamant about just getting him the costco brand food (kirkland signature i believe) Anyone have any recommendations or opinions about these foods or others you think could help us out? Thanks!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Actually, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] did a food trial with it and she said it was a good middle of the road food but I *think* one of her dogs got yeasty on it? Not sure about that so don't "quote me" lol. At any rate, why not give it a try? They do have a lamb version that would be a good place to start. It also got four stars on one of the dog food review sites.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The food trial was on Natures Domain sold at Costco..but not a Kirkland brand. It is made by Diamond mfg..same company that does Taste of the Wild. They have 2 formulas available..but only 1 at each store. They have a salmon based at my store. It runs $35 for 40 lb bag. Like [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] said..there is a review of THIS food here and also dogfoodadvisor...I think it's a good alternative..price wise..but Kirkland brand I'm not sure of. I bet you can find a rating of it too.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Kirkland isn't bad. Chance was sent home with a giant bag of Kirkland when he came home from the breeders. Our breeder likes it and it is affordable. We do not have a Costco membership, however, so we opted to go with Acana. Whether that is suitable for you, your dog and/or your budget is up to you. :)

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], whoops! Wrong food! Thank you for correcting me. The review I read did give it a 4 star though.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have heard good things about coscos kirkland brand. it is a good food for people on a budget. also tractor supply has a food called 4health that my MIL 5 bostons have used with good success. now whether its good for a bully i dont know. i cant use it because it has barley and i think millet in it and i think sarah is allergic to these.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], whoops! Wrong food! Thank you for correcting me. The review I read did give it a 4 star though.
No way! I would NEVER correct you!! I just ADDED info! :yes:

I did read somewhere else..another flavor they have is turkey and sweet potato!

Last edited:

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
No way! I would NEVER correct you!! I just ADDED info! :yes:

I did read somewhere else..another flavor they have is turkey and sweet potato!

You silly girl! Believe me, it doesn't worry me to be corrected :). I don't want to put bad info out there so I would hope someone would if I gave misinformation. Besides, I

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You silly girl! Believe me, it doesn't worry me to be corrected :). I don't want to put bad info out there so I would hope someone would if I gave misinformation. Besides, I
In my eyes you..desertsky..cowsmom..and lots of others are "food queens..err and kings"...me..I'm just plodding along..singing a song..side by..oh..oh..sorry! Easily distracted!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
When we got violet she was on the kirkland puppy but i thino she is allergic to the chicken ..but now We put violet on natures recipe Lamb and rice. I'm thinking she's having a lil reaction im think the rice is the culprit but its 25 bucks for 25 pounds. It also has a grain free which is salmon based ill be putting her on that when she turns 8months fingers crossed it works. If u do use the Kirkland let us know how.it wprks

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] good luck! For such a good price, I hope it works great for her. Violet is a sweet girl.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] good luck! For such a good price, I hope it works great for her. Violet is a sweet girl.

Thanks her back had a bunch if bumps but the bumps went away and now she's missing some hair. I got her a big bag of the.food but if I don't see an improve ment ill take it back. Now that I think about it I think the grain free is all ages. It has almost all the same ingredients as avoderm.... but it has chicken digest I don't know what it is bit it sounds gross lol

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The grain free at Costco was first called Pelican Bay, but last time we went it is now called Nature's Domain. Soooo..... ingredients are so similar. Probably just a name change. I am currently feeding 2 bullies this food, one on Fromm, one on Avoderm, and one on Nature's Logic. Yes, they are spoiled and all get the food that suits them best!

They all do great on Fromm Beef Fritatta, but each does a bit better on the chosen food.

There is a bit of tear staining with the Costco food. And Jesse broke out in a weird hair loss thing on it. Molly got incredibly yeasty. So I switched her to NVI and it got worse, so then back to Nature's Logic for her. It is all cleared up now after just a couple weeks. Amazing what dog food can do and how it can react with each bully, so it is trial and error. But when you find the right one, you will KNOW. They look brighter. In the eyes, the coat.... the skin should be natural colored so then their coat is perfect in color. No paw licking, no scratching. When you find the right food, they look perfect.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The grain free at Costco was first called Pelican Bay, but last time we went it is now called Nature's Domain. Soooo..... ingredients are so similar. Probably just a name change. I am currently feeding 2 bullies this food, one on Fromm, one on Avoderm, and one on Nature's Logic. Yes, they are spoiled and all get the food that suits them best!

They all do great on Fromm Beef Fritatta, but each does a bit better on the chosen food.

There is a bit of tear staining with the Costco food. And Jesse broke out in a weird hair loss thing on it. Molly got incredibly yeasty. So I switched her to NVI and it got worse, so then back to Nature's Logic for her. It is all cleared up now after just a couple weeks. Amazing what dog food can do and how it can react with each bully, so it is trial and error. But when you find the right one, you will KNOW. They look brighter. In the eyes, the coat.... the skin should be natural colored so then their coat is perfect in color. No paw licking, no scratching. When you find the right food, they look perfect.

And no crappy treats !!!! for instance = pup paroni , beggin strips, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.