Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirkland Signature food?

Default Kirkland Signature food?

Ok guys, so its about time I switch Buster off of his current food. I've been reading around and trying to find a good balance between affordability (i am by no means rich :/) and high quality. I was considering one of the Blue brand foods but my gf is adamant about just getting him the costco brand food (kirkland signature i believe) Anyone have any recommendations or opinions about these foods or others you think could help us out? Thanks!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kirkland Signature food?

Actually, @desertskybulldogs did a food trial with it and she said it was a good middle of the road food but I *think* one of her dogs got yeasty on it? Not sure about that so don't "quote me" lol. At any rate, why not give it a try? They do have a lamb version that would be a good place to start. It also got four stars on one of the dog food review sites.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

The food trial was on Natures Domain sold at Costco..but not a Kirkland brand. It is made by Diamond mfg..same company that does Taste of the Wild. They have 2 formulas available..but only 1 at each store. They have a salmon based at my store. It runs $35 for 40 lb bag. Like @GatorRay said..there is a review of THIS food here and also dogfoodadvisor...I think it's a good alternative..price wise..but Kirkland brand I'm not sure of. I bet you can find a rating of it too.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Kirkland isn't bad. Chance was sent home with a giant bag of Kirkland when he came home from the breeders. Our breeder likes it and it is affordable. We do not have a Costco membership, however, so we opted to go with Acana. Whether that is suitable for you, your dog and/or your budget is up to you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@JAKEISGREAT, whoops! Wrong food! Thank you for correcting me. The review I read did give it a 4 star though.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i have heard good things about coscos kirkland brand. it is a good food for people on a budget. also tractor supply has a food called 4health that my MIL 5 bostons have used with good success. now whether its good for a bully i dont know. i cant use it because it has barley and i think millet in it and i think sarah is allergic to these.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT, whoops! Wrong food! Thank you for correcting me. The review I read did give it a 4 star though.
    No way! I would NEVER correct you!! I just ADDED info!

I did read somewhere else..another flavor they have is turkey and sweet potato!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 08-20-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    No way! I would NEVER correct you!! I just ADDED info!

I did read somewhere else..another flavor they have is turkey and sweet potato!
    You silly girl! Believe me, it doesn't worry me to be corrected . I don't want to put bad info out there so I would hope someone would if I gave misinformation. Besides, I

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

You silly girl! Believe me, it doesn't worry me to be corrected . I don't want to put bad info out there so I would hope someone would if I gave misinformation. Besides, I
    In my eyes you..desertsky..cowsmom..and lots of others are "food queens..err and kings"...me..I'm just plodding along..singing a song..side by..oh..oh..sorry! Easily distracted!

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

When we got violet she was on the kirkland puppy but i thino she is allergic to the chicken ..but now We put violet on natures recipe Lamb and rice. I'm thinking she's having a lil reaction im think the rice is the culprit but its 25 bucks for 25 pounds. It also has a grain free which is salmon based ill be putting her on that when she turns 8months fingers crossed it works. If u do use the Kirkland let us know how.it wprks

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Angievelvet; 08-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Angievelvet good luck! For such a good price, I hope it works great for her. Violet is a sweet girl.

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

@Angievelvet good luck! For such a good price, I hope it works great for her. Violet is a sweet girl.
    Thanks her back had a bunch if bumps but the bumps went away and now she's missing some hair. I got her a big bag of the.food but if I don't see an improve ment ill take it back. Now that I think about it I think the grain free is all ages. It has almost all the same ingredients as avoderm.... but it has chicken digest I don't know what it is bit it sounds gross lol

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads