Something to chew on... (treat?)

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
So, Katie loves those dog "chip" things that you get at walmart.. she will chew on them til they're gone (30 min or so), BUT I think it may be the reason she's had such a serious case of the farts lately. lol She had the regular cheaper kind but now she's got the dental kind and I think it has gotten even worse!
My question is, are there any similar treats/chews that she will enjoy and that will keep her occupied for a bit, but not cause so much gas? Help please. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie chews for a long time daily on her Nylabones. She has almost chewed one end away on the one she has has the longest.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I totally second the antler! Our dude got one when he was quite young. Helped him through teething and it is still intact. If you're trying to introduce it, PB on it helps!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I agree with the Nylabone. Matilda loves hers and it lasts forever.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
Gregory has 2 antlers in different shapes, he takes turns chewing them. He also has a ton of nylabones, he seems to like the ones he stole from his uncle sherlock the schnauzer best. Apparently used ones are best.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Antlers are a good option and what I like about them is they last a LONG time and are safe - so they don't splinter or anything.

Nylabones are great too.

I would also suggest marrow bones - we get them frozen and the dogs LOVE them and they last forever.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
Ok anyone ever try out the Himalayan Dog Chews. Just picked one up for Chula this morning and she is going to town on it!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Lex has never liked the Nylabones ever since he was a baby baby, he would rather have that "bone" taste. I even tried the new Nylabones that are bacon and chicken flavor and he won't touch them :(.... I know it's not the best but we give the boys knuckle bones they don't splinter and lex pretty much just likes the taste. He also loves carrots but, he doesn't like the long ones he likes the baby ones lol.. Still haven't tried antillers tryin to wait for deer season instead of buying them lol..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Be careful of the marrow bones. I was told they are teeth breakers and I ignored that UNTIL Gypsy actually did break a tooth. It was a baby tooth so no biggie but no more marrow bones here! Bully sticks are awesome! Try those :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok anyone ever try out the Himalayan Dog Chews. Just picked one up for Chula this morning and she is going to town on it!
YES! I bought 2 of those..for my dogs..then they looked all messy so I gave one to my daughter for her golden! They were $$$ too! I still have one..maybe I should let Jake have it since he got left behind this weekend and feeling down..is it a mess maker?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.