Treats!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
my boys love anything but to keep the weight down they get lots of baby carrots, frozen green beans,peas or lima beans. bananas are great, in moderation and any other fruit aside from grapes or raisins which are toxic. I recently got some kind of little treats made by wellness. They are like little jerky snacks and would be great for training. I know they have them at petflow.com.

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Katie has some grain free treats that are made by Wellness brand and are in an orange box (Petsmart,) but she also has the Canidae snap bits (petflow) that are very small and would probably work well for training! She is kind of picky, but she seems to like these two...

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Blue Wilderness dog biscuits that I break apart into small pieces for training treats. But, Bullie is just as happy with ice cubes.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
We do Nature's Variety Instinct treats - lamb, carrot and mint and rabbit, apple, and cinnamon - they are grain and gluten free and are about $6.99 for a bag, which lasts awhile.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I break up a "pup paroni" into thirds or fourths

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I break up a "pup paroni" into thirds or fourths

My sweet sweet Sherry..... Oh no, no puperonis..... almost all ingredients are bad and can reverse the effects of feeding a good quality food. Love ya and your bully! Try fresh fruits and veggies, and check the ingredients of any treats you buy. Most treats out there are BAD. So don't feel bad, until you get ingredient savvy it is hard not to want to get beggin strips, milk bones, puperonis and other yucky treats.

Ingredients:

Beef, Soy Flour, Soy Grits, Beef by-products, Corn Starch, Propylene Glycol, Sugar, Molasses, Dry Cheddar Cheese, Calcium Sulfate, Beef Liver, Salt, Garlic Powder, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Smoke Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (used as a preservative), Titanium Dioxide, Caramel Color, Sodium Nitrate (for color retention), Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, BHA (used as a preservative), Onion Extract

OP
Bulliemom25

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
I just ordered the Canidae 'snap' treats that were made with lamb and beef. Canidae seems to be a pretty healthy brand for bullies right? Thanks for the recommendation [MENTION=2363]Wlw9x[/MENTION]!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:ashamed: for Jack
:ashamed: for poor poor Dolly
:ashamed: for poorest Griz
:ashamed: for sweet sweet Peggy Sue
:ashamed: and especially for little teeny tiny Scrimps

I'm so sorry. I should be spanked!
I do feed them Fromm Beef Fritatta.
thanks for the enlightenment

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ashamed: for Jack:ashamed: for poor poor Dolly:ashamed: for poorest Griz:ashamed: for sweet sweet Peggy Sue:ashamed: and especially for little teeny tiny Scrimps I'm so sorry. I should be spanked! I do feed them Fromm Beef Fritatta. thanks for the enlightenment
I say 500 lashes with a stinky "puparoni" for you!! :laugh:

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
We got some yogurt treats from the dog boutique in town and boy does she love them. I also got her some of those Fruitables Banana and Pumpkin treats and she loves those too!

The positive on the yogurt ones is that its a "one for you, one for me" kinda treat, lol, they're really good!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.