question on bland diet please

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
My poor Duke is so hungry.. We started his bland diet last night.. gave him a little boiled chicken and rice every two hours after a day of fasting ( he had been sick with stomach bug the day prior)..today I gave him a cup of the boiled chicken and rice and he is so hungry.. When can I start reintroducing his regular food? he seems perfectly fine but do not want to upset his belly.. His bowels are great and no more vomitting for over 24 hours now. thanks for your input

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Not sure on an exact amount of days but I would continue with the bland diet for another couple days. I would suggest adding cottage cheese to the rice and chicken, adds fat and should help fill him up more :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would take things slowly and feed him the bland diet as you would his regular food - so if you feed him one cup of food twice a day, feed him one cup of bland diet, twice a day.

If he does well (which is sounds like he is), you can mix half of his kibble with half bland diet with his meal - and if he does well on that and produces a solid stool and no vomiting, then transition him completely back to his old food.

When Linus or Truman have a bad stomach, I usually do this over the span of two or three days.

Good luck.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.