Apple Trees ...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] when my grandma was alive..sigh... We used to send her a big box of avocados in Montana. She put them in her root cellar and they lasted a really long time.. You are welcome anytime...no avis now..but won't be long! The trees alternate every other year for a really heavy crop...Bears love them too!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Apple seeds contain cyanide. This is why they are poisonous to dogs. I'm sure a few won't hurt them, but I wouldn't overdo it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Apple seeds contain cyanide. This is why they are poisonous to dogs. I'm sure a few won't hurt them, but I wouldn't overdo it.

This is something I did not know, interesting!
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] you let me know when you have em and I will take as many as you wanna share. YUM! You dont like artichokes either?!?! My goodness you and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] should switch houses. haha Oh I just posted my guac recipe for you Bruce

Wholly Guacamole

As always we have taken this thread to a whole new level. Sorry!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] yay Congrats and geez I wish I had a fruit tree ;) [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] I gave rose some avocado on my finger she gave me the dirtiest look lol I tried again and she pushes my hand away and shivered haha

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
YOU GO GIRL!!! My dogs ..not bullies..always loved the fruit from our trees..ESPECIALLY avocados and oranges! Never had apples..but sounds yummy..want to trade? A bushel of avocados for a bushel of apples? Your new place sounds wonderful! Congrats to ALL of you!!

Oh man, I would love both avocados and apples. I only have been successful with oranges.
Maybe I can just buy apples from [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] for my Lady Api's :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] Oh yeah Paige isnt a fan of it either. Was Sierras first food and her fav still to this day. With Paige I hide it in fruits, she isnt much on veggies aside from sweet potatoes, and squash. She no longer gags on green beans but didnt get excited to eat them either. Have to hide all this stuff in applesauce or squash. haha Too bad too they say avocados are the best/healthiest baby food there is.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh man, I would love both avocados and apples. I only have been successful with oranges.
Maybe I can just buy apples from @kazzy220 for my Lady Api's :yes:

I don't think you would want these [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] for your Lady Api's .. they are tiny!! Unless you want to do Baby Api's!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would love to see pics of your trees! I love both apples and avocados. YUM. I can't grow squat here unless you want some walnuts. I love em but I am soooo allergic to something in the hull so I can't take the fresh ones that fall.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@GatorRay Well I haven't got a full picture of the trees. However, I sent my daughter out to pick a few this afternoon so I could cut them up and mix them in with some ground turkey to make turkey and apple burgers. Juliet brought this photo back with her on her phone ..... Apparently, this is a sad apple ........... :lol:

sadapple.jpg

Last edited:

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], that pic is of the CUTEST bulldog :).

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@kazzy220 , that pic is of the CUTEST bulldog :).

LOL .... I know ... oops .... I just edited it!!!! Maggie looks nothing like a sad apple except for the roundness I suppose!!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Whoa!~ It looks like a sad face in black on that apple. Crazy! lol. I love the light coming through the trees. I am a tree fan :)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
We have SO many trees now near us in this new house .......... just LOVE it!!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.