new novel food discovered

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was looking for something to feed sarah as she has yeast food allergy symptoms and grains seem to be out like rice and barley and millet and some proteins. Yes grain free seems to be what she needs yet they all seem to have potato or tapioca which she did not do to well on. well ive come across this food and im sharing it even though i havent tried it yet. I am going to get it and see how she does. im going to mix it with the nutrisca i have which is grain and potato free as she seem to do well on that food :poo: wise but just doesnt seem to completely get her all better. im posting this so that others who have trouble with grains and the potato tapioca foods can have something else to choose from. im posting the ingredients below. its from go naturals and its called salmon and oatmeal.

Salmon meal, salmon, oatmeal, whole oats, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), oat fibre, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, dried kelp, vitamins (vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of vitamin C), inositol, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, beta carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), minerals(zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc oxide, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), chicory extract, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, yucca schidigera extract, dried rosemary.

[h=1]
[/h]

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is cool that you found something that might work. I went to dogfoodanalysis.com for the review. It is under Go Natural Wild Salmon. You might want to give that a look-see. I also looked at dogfoodadvisor.com and though they did not give a rating to that formula, the two from that company that they did rate and 4 and 5 stars.

I would be interested to hear what you think. Good luck!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i realise it maybe a bit grain heavy but it does have salmon and salmon meal so there is some meat in there. its 22% protein and 12% fat so its a bit low but if your dog seems to be allergic to the normal things in dog food this maybe an alternative. i plan on mixing it with my grain and potato free food so i should be ok but still might be ok by itself. this site does give it a 5 star rating. but as with anything you wont know till you try it. just throwing it out there. :p

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
i realise it maybe a bit grain heavy but it does have salmon and salmon meal so there is some meat in there. its 22% protein and 12% fat so its a bit low but if your dog seems to be allergic to the normal things in dog food this maybe an alternative. i plan on mixing it with my grain and potato free food so i should be ok but still might be ok by itself. this site does give it a 5 star rating. but as with anything you wont know till you try it. just throwing it out there. :p

Agreed! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like a good choice, mainly salmon and oats. My buddy Lynda who has our Sarah feeds her this and she does great on it. I chose this food for her cuz it was the only one I could find that had ingredients she was not allergic to, and she has no more itches at all! She had red paws and a raw face her whole life until she tried it, so I hope it works for you too!

Most Reactions