Samson has lost his appetite =(

cbuttah

Oct 10, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
And I'm not sure what to do. He recently just finished a 10 day anti-biotic for an infection he had, which is a known side-effect. But since then he hasnt been eating his Fromm Salmon and Rice. I tried added yogurt, nothing. I tried adding cheese, he only eats the cheese. He will still eat his favorite snack green beans as well as the training treats and that's about it. Cheese, training treats, and green beans. I'm not sure what to do, he definitely still has ALL of his energy and loves to play. Before this, Samson would not even leave a drop of food left in his bowl. Any suggestions?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow...hum...when was the last time he ate? Could the food have turned?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy does that, he used to scarf up his food and about 4 months ago became real picky about what he eats. We feed FROMM also and he will not eat the Salmond at all, the one he will eat now is Pork and applesause. He picks at it sometime will not eat in the morning and will eat almost all of it at night. i don't know why he does it but his weight is fine and the vet said he is a good weight and looks fine, so who knows.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe try some boiled chicken and rice...the bland diet thing??? It might be he just isn't himself yet..and needs a little push...is he drinking ok? Just want to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated...sorry!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have to say, the last few weeks on kibble, mine would barely eat it and it was Fromm which they LOVED. All three of them decided they didn't want it at the same time. I was wondering if maybe it went bad or something...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have 2 dogs who do this when their allergies act up. One bulldog one not. One will do what yours is and only eat anything but kibble and my bully won't eat anything. Try a pepcid ac 10mg or if you give benadryl or other anti-histamine try that or I have given mine both. The pepcid is usually enough to get them eating. If not then they maybe he is tired of the food. Hope he starts eating soon.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I don't have experience with this either, but have you thought of trying a different flavour of Fromm? I know they're interchangeable so new flavours don't need to be slowly transitioned. I wonder if he's already sick of the food, which isn't unheard of. :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
they can get very fussy when eating the same kibble,they know you will change it theyre not daft just very cunning lol,try cutting a couple of feeds till hes so hungry he has no choice but to eat it lol,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.