Switching Chunk's food again ...

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Good luck! I am anxious to hear about the results as well. I am about to switch Katie from a Fromm 4* to Beef Frittata... and if that doesn't help her itchy yuck paws and smell, I might have to try the NVI!

natemoore

Aug 4, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
little bit of honey bear (bitty)
im about three days into a switch from blue buffalo wilderness to natures variety duck and turky. all seems to be going well. itching seems to be a little less. only one day with goupy morning eyes9 which could be pollen or becuase the grass was cut). bitty really likes the new food and seems to eat with more vigor. stool seams to be stiffening then goes back soft at times. gonna stick with it for a couple weeks after completely switched to see how it is.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=2940]natemoore[/MENTION]. Are you mixing the foods? So it's a gradual switch? I can't tell any differences yet cause I know his belly is adjusting. Ps - you really should give it 6-8 weeks of just eating the new food before you will know for sure if the change helped! Takes a while to get everything out of their system from the old.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
In my post about changing food I thought we would try Blue Wilderness, we had been on Blue Buffalo Salmon but their stools were very soft. We decided not to go with BW and instead switched to the lamb and so far they're doing great. Both pups/boys' stools are nice and firm again. :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhh I'm so happy to hear that [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]!!! Fingers crossed for the Chunk.

---

natemoore

Aug 4, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
little bit of honey bear (bitty)
yes im switching gradually. over the course of about 10 days. she is still getting twenty five percent of the old food per feeding. she seems to be doing real well with the nvi. I think i need to find a different treat. I know with food switches you should not feed any treats but in the middle of traing(potty) that is kinda difficult to do. Bitty seems to be real stiff when she has gone times without treats. like thru the nighttime. she will be stiff in the morning then as the day goes on and she eats treats she loosens up.

I guess now i have to find a treat that doesnt cuase her to get loose. my first choice would be baby carrots but she doesnt seem to like carrots. Im thinking i might try frozen green beans tonight.

gah food alergies are a pain. ill get there tho.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk LOVES frozen green beans! That's our main treat, then we have a few store bought treats that we give once in a while. My fav is the Fruitables; there are four types with pumpkin - blueberry, banana, cranberry and apple, and one that is sweet potato and pecan. Chunk loves them and they aren't full of junk!

Chunk is doing well on the nvi too! Poops definitely stiffened up. About 2 weeks in, just finishing out the rest of the old food at this point. We are at the point of 25% old food too. :)

---

Members online

No members online now.