Thread: Castor & Pollux?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kramer :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Castor & Pollux?

Anyone feed their babies Castor & Pollux? I got a bag of the puppy formula to feed Kramer based on the general ratings that it received compared to other high end foods. I'm curious as to how EBs do with it? My breeder fed him Buffalo Blue, but Castor & Pollux received higher ratings compared to it. Thoughts?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Castor & Pollux?

i have fed my 3 this food. now they would not eat the ultramix at all but they did like the organix. I also fed the organix canned food to. all 3 ate it just fine and i think they did better on it than blue but alas one of my bostons started throwing it up every day so i had to take them off of it. they were not on it long enough to comment on coat and such. wish i could be more help.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have never heard of it. If you find out anything else about it, let us know.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I suppose I'll try it and Kramer can be the guinea pig :-/ I've read great things about it so wish me luck! I'll let you all know how he does on it!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Well good luck with it I really liked it to and maybe would still be feeding it had my Boston not got sick. Let us know how it goes

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah never heard of it either but hopefully it is the one and you wont have to keep searching.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys. I pasted a list of the ingredients, just for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Sounds good enough for us to eat, and that's how I want it when I'm feeding it to my baby!Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Peas, Organic Barley, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Organic Brown Rice, Organic Millet, Organic Flaxseed, Pea Protein, Natural Chicken Flavor, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Salmon Meal, Dried Egg Product, Organic Apples, Organic Carrots, Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Yeast Culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Solubles, Rosemary Extract.

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

I've had Meilyr on this. Finished our first 15lb bag and he has been doing great! I first tried the chicken then the lamb and now the poultry and grain free. Very good company that takes pride in the product they make and what is put into it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulliemom25 View Post
    Anyone feed their babies Castor & Pollux? I got a bag of the puppy formula to feed Kramer based on the general ratings that it received compared to other high end foods. I'm curious as to how EBs do with it? My breeder fed him Buffalo Blue, but Castor & Pollux received higher ratings compared to it. Thoughts?

Ive been feeding my 10 week pup Castor & Pollux for about 2 weeks and he seems to be doing pretty good. Last night it seems like he was getting very itchy..i will be checking for flakes or baldness and if the itch continues i may need to switch his food. Vet appt has been scheduled for his next shots on 06/20 so i will wait till then to switch him if we can. I will keep you posted.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

I used to feed Merrick before they merged with Castor & Pollux and my bully's did great on it. I think at the time all the formulas had chicken or another form of poultry in them which I was trying to avoid and is why I switched brands.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

Remove Ads