TOTW vs Canidae

momtodozer

So these are my two choices that I can get locally. We started on TOTW which he is doing good on..his skin is clearing up and his coat is coming back in in spots...his chin is still pretty red but I'm dealing with that in another thread. So my issue is that he doesn't seem all that crazy about TOTW. He eats it but he doesn't seem to really like it all that much. I can get the grain free Canidae and wondered y'all's thoughts on the two and which is better or are they about the same???

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I think totw is a better food. In fact I fed canidae a long time ago and switched from that in my process of finding better foods and moved up to totw. I have since switched a few times but if my choice it would be totw. Have you tried diff flavors? I cant help so much cuz my boys have never not liked any food. Fromm is more expensive but in my experience it must taste great. I joke that they sprinkle crack in there cuz it is the first food I ever had to regulate my boys on. They were free fed before this food and now they over eat this stuff, they love it so much. I know it is hard to find but petflow has free shipping if you use the code englishbulldog and spend 59 I think it is. I always buy a bag of that and a bag of treats to get the free shipping. Even without I think shipping is like 4.99 so very wroth it either way. Just a thought.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus is on TOTW Sierra Mountain formula, and he loves it ! He was on FROMM which is also a good food, however, FROMM is much higher calorie than TOTW, and right now, the VET wants Maximus to lose weight. He won't consider neutering him until he loses weight, so I'm feeding Maximus TOTW right now, which he loves, and it's a really good dog food .

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my boys were on totw pacific stream until I switched them to fromm. They like both although I think they are starting to get bored with the beef frittata from fromm. They don't seem to eat it with gusto like they used to. Just ordered a bag of the surf and turf so I'll see if they like that flavor better. The totw is the better choice of the two that you are considering, I think.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
BeBe loves TOTW right now she has a big bag of wetlands and a small bag of Salmon and about 3 or 5 tbs of there wet food in the am and all dry in the afternoon and OH she :heart: it !!!!!

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I used to feed my Pit Bull both of those (not at the same time) - I dont know if the breed makes a difference. Canidae Grain Free ALS is really awesome food. The reason I switched to TOTW is the price

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I don't mind the $$$ of TOTH and I can it at alot of places I am finding out... Can you belive Tractor Supply has it, I was shocked :lol:

I think there is crack in it, for real I get the bag and she starts jumping in the air :eek: didn't know such a short dog could jump so high....

But has anyone else noticed that the salmon smells like cat food :lmao: we all know how dogs love cat food ....

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yeah, and I notice that Fromm Beef Fritatta smells like cheese! Big time

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Put a little salmon oil in it. It is really good for the dog and they love the taste. Give it a try. Stick to TOTW if he is doing good on it. I personally it's a much better food than the other.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't have any experience with canidae but do have some experience with TOTW. It didn't work well for us at all but every bully is different and lots do really well. I know that a lot of the show people around here use canidae, the grain free variety.

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
I feed my bullies TOTW Pacific Stream as recommended by my breeder, they LOVE it!! I agree it is a great food my vet was surprised I could find it where I live, at Tracto Supply of all places!!!

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
IMG_0712.jpgIMG_0713.jpgI switched Molly over to TOTW Pacific Stream and she loves it. Not that she is that picky about what she eats.LOL I just purchased Grizzly Salmon oil this week to add to her food. Today was the first day of using it and she smelled her bowl for about 2 mins before going to work on it. I have read that the salmon oil is really good for their skin.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online