Disappointed and guilty!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I just switched from Fromm Pork and Applesauce to Fromm Beef Frittata so i could change up the primary protein source as has been recommended. Well, poor butler has been having massive :poo: and they are semi firm and sometimes even soft like soft serve :( i feel so bad for him. he was just pooping a few minutes ago and it was soft with lots of farts in between substance. I switched over really slow, about 3 weeks. Now that he is only on the beef frittata his poops are all messed up. I am so disappointed because what can i even do at this point? I can't return the food, none of my friends feed their dogs fromm so i can't trade. I wouldn't want to eat something for 11 weeks that gave me soft serve turds, so i'm not going to do it to my favorite thing in the world. I just hate to waste the cash on that food, and i hate to make butler eat only the pork food cause i'm too scared to feed him something else cause it will mess up his tummy. frustrating. has anyone else had problems with this flavor? i've been adding pumpkin to make his poops firmer, but to no avail. any suggestions? i'm just sad for my baby. :cry:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Fromm guarantees their food. Return the unused portion to your retailer. You may want to call first to make sure your dealer honors Fromms guarantee.
Where do you go from here? Another high quality food. Just because Fromm is great for HRH doesnt mean it will work for Butler. They are all different and sometimes it takes trying several switches to find the right one. Fromm has a toll free # on their website if you want to discuss it with them.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I returned used food back to the store when Vegas had a sour bag, as long as it was in the original package (I save the bag at least week) I had no problems returning for a refund.

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
I just switched from Fromm Pork and Applesauce to Fromm Beef Frittata so i could change up the primary protein source as has been recommended.

Not sure if it could contribute, but the Pork is not grain free, and the Beef is grain free. Maybe you need to change the protein source from within the Duck, Chicken, Whitefish or Salmon which all have grain, in case Butler's system wants the grain.

I am in the middle of switching Arwen from Canidae to Fromm's Beef... she is having the opposite reaction - her :poo:'s are getting firmer. On the Canidae she had the almost liquid piles.

Good luck, I hope his stomach gets better quickly! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep my boys are more firm with grain free than the reg 4 star foods so I guess he just isnt liking it so much. I agree, try and take it back or call if you have to. He was fine with the pork tho? Maybe just stay within the 4 star foods that are not grain free then or switch to something that works better if you think that is necessary. Poor baby.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does the poo look expanded? Full of gas? He could have an allergy to beef...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The stores here that sell Fromm also say that as long as more than half is left in the bag, they can return it to the retailer.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
thanks for all your input friends!

i buy it from petflow, so i'll have to look into their return policy. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], i don't know what expanded means, and last night was the only time he was gassy while pooping. He does love this food though, lol. but he likes all the flavors. before the pork one i fed him surf and turf, and his poops were fine. now that i'm typing this though, i do remember that our vet increased his dosage of fluconazole (for valley fever) and maybe that could have soft stools as a side effect. i'll have to look into that too today.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
okay, so petflow says this "We are not allowed to offer refunds or exchanges on food, treats or any edible items that are opened due to strict health policies. Please make your selections carefully, and double check your order before submitting." so that sucks.

fluconazole does have diarrhea as a side effect, but we started the higher dosage in the beginning of july, and without problems. sigh.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well what i do if i try a food and it does not agree with sarah so much is you can always get a bag of pork or something else that does agree with him and mix the two till the bag of fritatta is gone. ive gotten rid of alot of food that way. usually a half and half mixture is enough for the poo to return to normal but whatever mixture works for him. that way you havent wasted the money and he is not in distress. i hope it works out for you.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
That was one of the reasons I wanted to try Fromm was the interchangeable flavors... But decided to go with TOTW since I can get it locally and can change up the flavors too ! ( well 45 min away there are some closer dealers but I like this lady ) good luck with the :poo:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We did buy from Petflow but if they will not take food back I will not buy from them. I recently purchased FROMM from a feed store by us and they will take it back. We tried the duck and sweetpotato and Lucy started to turn red on it so I took it back and they exchanged it no problem. We got the surf and turf and she does good on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online