portion sizes

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
I am new to the board having recently acquired a bulldog. She is 5.75 months old and weighs 22 lbs. What is the proper portion she should be fed? I am told by the vet she is currently at the age of maximal caloric need. Currently she gets 1 cup twice a day of Earthblend. She finishes her feedings without problem. Too much, too little, or just right?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm not familiar with that brand of food so can't say for certain.However. We feed our adult 1cup twice a day and have read of puppies getting three feedings and anywhere from 1 1/2 to two cups so yes that seems like a small amount for a puppy.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: Roger....... Sorry I cant help you but wanted to welcome you to EBN. Someone will be along soon that will help. Two cups does seem like a small amount for a pup tho.

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
I'm not familiar with that brand either, but here is a list of dog food ratings. It depends on the amount of fillers in the food and amount of nutrients... each food is a little different. You might have to ask your vet on how much weight she should be gaining and see if the foods manufacturer's recommended amount to feed is keeping your little one in the optimum range of weight gain.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Welcome..I also have no knowledge of that brand..but the amount does seem low...but her weight sounds right on! I actually didn't feed too much more than that..Jake ate 3/4 cup. 3x a day...since I'm soooo good in math ..not.. ALL I can tell you is..it's a bit more than what you are feeding! :laugh: sorry! Maybe a few pictures and we could see her!! Yes..yes..that's what's missing!! PICTURES

OP
R

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
thanks. I will increase a small amount. Will post pics soon

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't know anything about that food, but it is possible she might need more. If you notice her poops getting soft, you can cut back a little as that is often a sign of over-feeding.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.