very intersting read

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
What’s Really in Pet Food,please read this article,i know a lot of you will be interested and frightened,a lot of us here have problems with our bullys i am one of you ,im not on my soap box regarding kibble honest im not ,but we all love our bullys just like we love our kids,and famillies ,even if you dont beleive what is written it is food for thought,karen

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] I would :heart: to put Sassy Pants on raw. But hubby is the one stopping me from doing it. :cursing:

H

heff101

You know the more I read about pet food etc etc the more I think table scraps are actually better for your pet then commercial pet food.
On the farm we NEVER bought dog food it was always table scraps. Those dogs never ever had any issues with allergies etc etc.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
matildasmommy i didnt post this to make anyone feel bad for kibble feeding ,im sorry if i made you feel bad,but to think of the stuff we feed our dogs is frightening,i watched a you tube undercover video today and it actually showed dead dogs being removed from the pound and taken to a processing plant and what they did with these dead dogs it was truly horrific,and hef101 you are spot on,vets have never seen so many dogs with allergies and its little wonder when you read reports of the way kibble is made,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That was very interesting. It talks about the high level of plant products in the food which would explain a lot.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
its amazing that we cant go to the store and buy decent food for our pets. after what ive been through with sarah this weekend that is posted in another thread and i cant really do raw im considering just feeding her some kibble and adding in my own proteins such as chicken and low fat hamburger and such. i cant seem to find a dog food anyway that gets rid of her yeast and allergies so maybe this will help. she doesnt do well with canned gives her loose stool so i think im going to try this for a bit. if people only knew what that bag of ol roy had in it. i call it mcdonalds for dogs or road kill. sad really.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] you are right, it IS sad. It is understandable that some people feel they cannot feed raw and believe me, I wouldn't judge anyone no matter WHAT they feed their pet (well, there are a few things I might judge...lol). I just hope everyone is educated about whatever it is that they are feeding and giving the best that they can.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
this is my point,cowsmom i have messaged you,i think even if a dog is fed ox/beef heart and perhaps tripe for the rest of their lives its better than kibble,but i agree with gatorRay i too do not judge anyone for feeding kibble i used too and its not for everyone,but if a dog has allergy then im in no doubt that kibble feeding doesnt help in the least there are too many unknown ingredients in it ,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.