Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i a bad daddy because.....

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Am i a bad daddy because.....

I too would start doing my research and thinking of changing the food. I knew no better and had Maggie on Beneful, until I found this site. Looking back through the numerous vet visits we had whilst she was on Beneful for upset stomachs, numerous ear infections, infected wrinkles etc ... I could have saved myself a HUGE amount of money on vet bills if I had only had her on the good food from the start. We are on the Fromm 4* range ... and I like the two grain-free flavours. Maggie just looks overall so much healthier and Daddy's horrendous gas disappears on the grain-free!!!

There are a LOT of threads on here about bulldog food and the results that people have experienced with the different brands. When and if you decide to switch make sure you switch over gradually. I usually allow 10 days to swtich from one brand to another.

Your bully may look healthy right now ... but just think what could be happening to his insides!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

We adopted a Bullie a few days ago. He's on Kibble and Bits. The dog looks really good, firm stools, good muscle tone, overall really good dog. My other dog is on Blue Wilderness so I mixed Blue with the Kibble the first day we got her. Her poop went runny this morning. So, now, I'm starting to wonder if I should leave well enough alone. She's been on Kibble for 3 years.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Phatty
    Likes (Received)

We had Phatty on Royal Canine - Bulldog until we found this site. Had you asked us then, we would have said it's great food and Phats did well on it. However, after switching him to Fromm, the differences in his smell, skin, poop, tear stains, everything is unbelievable.

Even if your bully seems to be doing ok on the pedigree, I would try a better food just for the nutritional benefits. A better food will make your bully healthier in the long run.

It may take a while to find the right food, but I truly believe it will be worth it. If you find nothing works, then you can always go back to the pedigree and feel better knowing you tried.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    We adopted a Bullie a few days ago. He's on Kibble and Bits. The dog looks really good, firm stools, good muscle tone, overall really good dog. My other dog is on Blue Wilderness so I mixed Blue with the Kibble the first day we got her. Her poop went runny this morning. So, now, I'm starting to wonder if I should leave well enough alone. She's been on Kibble for 3 years.
    If you are switching..you have to be extremely slow..over a 10 day or 2 week period..kibbles and bits is crap..sorry..but if you were being changed from crap to a better food..you might get runs too! I'm not a food expert..but is kibbles and bits EVEN a 1 star food??

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

All I wanna say is How about some new pix of that beautiful bully of yours?????????

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You are NOT a bad daddy. If you were, you wouldn't even have thought to ask about his food.

I would change for all of the reasons others stated. If you go to the top of the page, you will see a link for "articles" there is a ton of info there about nutrition and food. It is a great place to start!

Good luck and where are the pics?? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads