The vet says....

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
So I took Louie to the vet today, and they agreed he has a few skin issues and that should be cleared up with a good diet. I have been adding salmon oil too. He is on preventative antibiotic for a developed skin rash above his eye. I have to wait for the fungal results, but no mites! They gave me antibacterial wipes for his wrinkles and said he has an eye condition to where his lids roll over and under the meeting point of the face and eye, which makes him probably tear alot more. As for the tear stains, she said they will probably not go away....he is still cute! LOL
So the biggest shocker is that Louie is not 9 months.....as the "owners" said! He looks more like a full grown dog! Which leads us further to believe Louie was not theirs to begin with! Despite spending an arm and a leg so far....there is one missing bulldog in town, but no description. So I asked the person for one. I hope its not my Louie! But if he belongs to someone else...........

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh I will keep my fingers crossed this isnt the missing bully. How awful would that be?!?!? I mean it would be good for him and the owners but wow. Let us know what they say!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh that is already a heartbreak, I sure hope that is not the case. :(.

If your bully has entropion, it could be the diet. Hopefully a change in diet will reduce eye swelling and that will go away. Otherwise, surguery is minor if needed.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Oh that is already a heartbreak, I sure hope that is not the case. :(.

If your bully has entropion, it could be the diet. Hopefully a change in diet will reduce eye swelling and that will go away. Otherwise, surguery is minor if needed.

changing horse's food completly cured his eye issues, no more swelling, he now has beautiful brown bully eyes with white around them, something i thought i would never see without surgery!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Check craigslist for all the surrounding areas. I really hope those people didn't take advantage of you. When you went to the vet, did they look for a microchip?

OP
C

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I haven't heard back from the one person who lost his dog so I am assuming he found him...... I was going to ask the vet to check for a micro chip, but forgot because we were there an hour and a half and I needed to be somewhere. But we go back next week to check his skin again, so I will ask then.
BTW Lauren---Louie has only been here 5 days but reacts to the kids when they cry and tries to kiss them....Its so sweet!

OP
C

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I haven't heard back from the one person who lost his dog so I am assuming he found him...... I was going to ask the vet to check for a micro chip, but forgot because we were there an hour and a half and I needed to be somewhere. But we go back next week to check his skin again, so I will ask then.
BTW Lauren---Louie has only been here 5 days but reacts to the kids when they cry and tries to kiss them....Its so sweet!:)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh that is sweet, what a good bully! Good hopefully that is goodnews, obviously they must have found theirs or they would be all over the phone.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would certainly think so!!!

Good to hear it's going well so far :)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
BTW Lauren---Louie has only been here 5 days but reacts to the kids when they cry and tries to kiss them....Its so sweet!:)[/QUOTE]

ohhh, you'll be amazed at how good he is with the kiddos! (and how much trouble they'll cause together of course) cant wait to see pics!

reginaagnew

Jun 28, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
mimzy and gwendolyn
What is the best dogfood for bulldogs? My dogs are on taste of the wild prairie formula. It was rated one of the top six foods on the market but i have also heard that blue wilderness is great too. Interested in knowing what other bullies are eating and if they have tear staining on their food or not.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
What is the best dogfood for bulldogs? My dogs are on taste of the wild prairie formula. It was rated one of the top six foods on the market but i have also heard that blue wilderness is great too. Interested in knowing what other bullies are eating and if they have tear staining on their food or not.

If that isnt the question of the year?!?! :D I would say they are all so different and sensitive for the most part you will just have to find what works for you. I think we are all on a mission to find the best one that doesnt cause allergies, etc. With bullies this is a tough road!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.