yet another food question

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I am having to change foods yet again since my bostons will not eat the holistic select and sarah got some better but then stopped and was not getting worse yet not all better. now i realize its summer and she may not till fall but i did have to put the boys on something as they did not eat for 3 days. I put them on solid gold barking at the moon as they are very active bostons. I am conflicted about whether its good food or not. Have my 2 cats on it and they are doing really well. cannot find any recalls since the company has been in business. ingredients look good on paper but was wondering if anyone has fed this food before. I may put sarah on the hundenflocken as she seems to do ok with lamb. any input would be appeciated. Sarah does not seem to do well with duck, turkey, and now maybe venison.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We used to feed Holistic Select and after awhile Buddy would not eat it and was losing weight so we switched to FROMM, so far he is eating it. He is a very picky eater, some day he will eat some in the morning and the rest in the afternoon and sometimes will not touch it until the afternoon. The girls scarf it down. don't know about the other food you were talking about.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent tried either of the mentioned. I do not have a picky eater so to me not eating like a pig all day long is odd. haha I know you will get better answers but in reality what is good on paper may not make your "kids" the happiest or healthiest. It is such a trial and error and really the biggest thing we are all trying to get figured out. The right food for our pups. We are on fromm grain free (have used the 4 star also and liked it) and the boys went into gorge mode. They have always liked food and we have gone thru many diff good brands in this process. I have always free fed cuz it just worked for me. Well once going to the fromm Cutty gained a couple pounds which in bulldogs is a lot. lol Now they still free feed to a point but I give them a regimented amount with a ton of veggies to keep them full. I have said before that I swear there is some kind of crack in the fromm the way they eat it up. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't know near as much as you do about food!! Just wanted to say hello and I'm sorry Miss Sarah is having problems with new food! Poor girl..good thing you are her mommy!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw come on someone here must have used solid gold dog food. anyone?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am not familar with the food you mentioned. It took me a few tries to get Vegas on the right food, he is not a picky eater it was just finding the right food with all his allergies!! Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Grain/Gluten free works the best. He does still suffer from seasonal outdoor allergies so I do still get him an allergy shot and he has to take Benadryl as needed.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thanks [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for the info

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts