Wellness Strikes Again

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I should have listened to the Fromm suggestions in the first place.

Penny's :poo: is terrible & she is stinky even after a bath the other day.

We have been on the Wellness Puppy Mix since last Wednesday (once fully transitioned from Nutro Ultra).

I am going to see if a local feed store can order the Fromm for me otherwise I will order from petflow.

My question is....

Do I do Fromm puppy or go straight to the 4*? I am thinking the Beef or Salmon.

Penny's birthday is March 7th, so she is about 18 weeks old.

Thoughts?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Well I will tell you what I did for Jake! He was never on puppy food once he came home with us! He had been on iams puppy :eek: and we put him on an all stages food. He started with natural balance..the ultra classic..had an issue with chicken..I think! We switched to Fromm 4* and began with surf n turf. He still was a little soft :poo:wise..so I figured it was probably the chicken again. Tried beef fritatta and doing great! Think you will find petflow is cheaper than most local places and if your order is $59 plus..it's free shipping..just allow enough time for first order..then you will know for sure how long it takes.good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is the one reason I will not try Wellness. Idc how great it supposedly is, I don't like mushy :poo: let alone runny!! I wonder why it gives so many bullies the squirts?? I wonder if other breeds have the same problems?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh and I think you will be very happy with Fromm or Natures Logic in the poo department!!

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
This is the one reason I will not try Wellness. Idc how great it supposedly is, I don't like mushy :poo: let alone runny!! I wonder why it gives so many bullies the squirts?? I wonder if other breeds have the same problems?

I have NO idea! My husband kept saying how terrible it was, but when I took her out it wasn't too bad....just a little soft. When I took her out this evening it was really bad. Poor baby

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby girl, maybe it will get better in a day or two, if not maybe the FROMM will do better. We keep our pups on puppy food until at least 6 months old.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos is on the Fromm gold puppy. It has been great! We tried him on the 4 star, but he was loosing weight so the vet advised me to put him on puppy food until he was atleast 6 months old. He just turned 7 months, so next bag we will transition to the fromm beef fritata

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I should have listened to the Fromm suggestions in the first place.

Penny's :poo: is terrible & she is stinky even after a bath the other day.

We have been on the Wellness Puppy Mix since last Wednesday (once fully transitioned from Nutro Ultra).

I am going to see if a local feed store can order the Fromm for me otherwise I will order from petflow.

My question is....

Do I do Fromm puppy or go straight to the 4*? I am thinking the Beef or Salmon.

Penny's birthday is March 7th, so she is about 18 weeks old.

Thoughts?

Maximus has been on WELLNESS GRAIN-FREE CORE Reduced Fat. He has no problems with his Poop! WELLNESS has a good rating as a dog food. I've never seen where so many people were trashing this food. Maximus was on Fromm too ..... but it is very high in calories, and the VET said he needs to lose weight. He did like the Fromm Surf & Turf, but I had to cut it out due to the high(er) calories.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wellness core puppy gave mine very soft poo. Good luck with the Fromm.

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Maximus has been on WELLNESS GRAIN-FREE CORE Reduced Fat. He has no problems with his Poop! WELLNESS has a good rating as a dog food. I've never seen where so many people were trashing this food. Maximus was on Fromm too ..... but it is very high in calories, and the VET said he needs to lose weight. He did like the Fromm Surf & Turf, but I had to cut it out due to the high(er) calories.

I was feeding the Wellness Super 5 puppy mix. The first ingredient was deboned chicken & I think that might have been the problem. We are doing 50/50 Fromm/Wellness & she's still biting her feet/itching

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I was feeding the Wellness Super 5 puppy mix. The first ingredient was deboned chicken & I think that might have been the problem. We are doing 50/50 Fromm/Wellness & she's still biting her feet/itching

Could be. Max was never on the Wellness Super 5 puppy mix. He has only been on the adult formula Grain-Free. Perhaps the Puppy mix is the culprit since so many dogs seem to have a reaction
to it.....

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violets in the Wellness puppy 5mix and she's doing good so far fingers crossed ill be keeping my eye on her.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Violets in the Wellness puppy 5mix and she's doing good so far fingers crossed ill be keeping my eye on her.

I'm glad she's doing well on it!! Keep me posted. I really wanted to to work for Penny since we could get it locally, but something in it just isn't agreeing with her.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I'm glad she's doing well on it!! Keep me posted. I really wanted to to work for Penny since we could get it locally, but something in it just isn't agreeing with her.

Maybe its the chicken. It's so hard to find the perfect food. When we move and r settled I think I'm going raw with violet. Since she's white I'm hoping it will keep her face nice and pretty :)

Runlinds

May 16, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Churchill
Wow, glad I read this thread! I just got my first bully puppy (15 weeks) and he was on Iams but since I didn't hear good things I switched him to Wellness Puppy mix and he has very runny poo :( Trying to figure out if I switched him too quick or if it's the feed itsself.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.