Please help me pick a food for my puppy to get hom off puppy chow.

Chrissmith1980

Jul 7, 2011
I just got a 10 week old english puppy that was on puppy chow.I cant decide what to put him on since puppy chow is bad.I also read somewhere that they dont grow as thick and have big heads not being on puppy chow.His dad is CHAMPION CHEROKEE LEGEND Rock.Maybe i can get a pic for you all soon

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
From the reports of puppy owners here Fromm makes an excellent puppy food.
Welcome to EBN. Glad you joined but you should know... WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! LOL :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thick and big heads is genetics-- not dog food. I would also recommend Fromm puppy until 3-6 months and the ALS (all life stages) food thereafter.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I can only give you what worked for Jake. He was taken off puppy chow at 8 weeks and put on an all stages food from then til now. Good luck!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I tried the all life stages when Chaos came home at 8 weeks. He lost weight so the vet said put him on puppy food. I ordered the Fomm puppy gold and it has been fantastic!!!! He is now 7 months so next order I will put him on the all life stages and see how it does now that he is older. Every bully is different, its all trial and error....and a stressful time for the new bully momma :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I tried the all life stages when Chaos came home at 8 weeks. He lost weight so the vet said put him on puppy food. I ordered the Fomm puppy gold and it has been fantastic!!!! He is now 7 months so next order I will put him on the all life stages and see how it does now that he is older. Every bully is different, its all trial and error....and a stressful time for the new bully momma :)

It sure is stressful! And Paula...Chaos is perfect! I forgot he and Jake are exact same age!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks.I thought there would be more replys lol
Hi and welcome to the site. My Wilson was on science diet when we got him at 8 weeks old I transitioned him to Wellness for Puppies and he had loose stools, like soft serve soft. I switched him to Blue Buffalo and that's been good. We're in the process of getiing him on the adult version now as he's 6 months now.

I read a lot here that Fromm is excellent food.

On another note, I have a cousin named Chris Smith that lives in So. Calif. That not you is it? :)

Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
totally agree with desertskybulldogs the size and shape of your pup is determined by his genetics of course him being on the best quality food will do wonders for his growth but you dont want him growing too fast and getting overweight or there will be problems later find a food that suits and keep him on it ,karen

OP
C

Chrissmith1980

Jul 7, 2011
No im not him lol.Im from alabama but i did live in colorod for 4 years before i moved back here.I have some taste of the wild i was gone to feed him but then i read high cal level is bad.I have the salmon flaver,What do u guys think?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.