Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me pick a food for my puppy to get hom off puppy chow.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please help me pick a food for my puppy to get hom off puppy chow.

totally agree with desertskybulldogs the size and shape of your pup is determined by his genetics of course him being on the best quality food will do wonders for his growth but you dont want him growing too fast and getting overweight or there will be problems later find a food that suits and keep him on it ,karen

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! I have nothing to add since you have gotten a ton of good advice already. Pics please?

No im not him lol.Im from alabama but i did live in colorod for 4 years before i moved back here.I have some taste of the wild i was gone to feed him but then i read high cal level is bad.I have the salmon flaver,What do u guys think?

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Chrissmith1980 Many members here feed taste of the wild with success. If you have it, then go ahead and give it a go and see how it works for your guy! Just remember to feed MORE than the recommended amount since he is a puppy and he will need the extra food. Also be sure to transition him slowly to give him time to adjust and avoid any tummy and poop problems. Add just a little to his current food for a few days, then replace by 1/4 a few days, etc. Good luck and we would love to see some more pics!

Post Re: Please help me pick a food for my puppy to get hom off puppy chow.

But isnt to high of calcium bad for bullies.Here is the info for pacific stream. Protein: 25% Minimum, Fat: 15% Minimum
    Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.1%, as-fed
    Calories: 3,600 kcal/kg (360 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
    Available in 5lb, 15lb and 30lb bags

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't know about calcium, but the protein looks good and that is what is most likely going to help with his growth. You just don't want the protein too high. There are several here that are very knowledgeable about kibble such as @desertskybulldogs and a few others. I just went with what most here recommend (Fromm grain free all stages foods) and it worked pretty well for us then I switched to raw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads