Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 1/2 month old bulldog not eating out of bowl anymore, but will eat out of our hands..help!

Default Re: 10 1/2 month old bulldog not eating out of bowl anymore, but will eat out of our hands..help!

Well we had to take Mosley to the ER vet yesterday morning. He refused to eat, had diarrhea, and threw up 3 times in a row, so we were a little concerned. Let me say on Sunday we gave him benadryl due to his severe pollen allergies, and he ate his whole bowl of food that night. But Monday morning we panicked. We brought him in and the ER vet treats multiple bulldogs (there was actually another one in for an ER visit too for throwing up and not eating), he was concerned that there might be something blocking his stomach, after x-rays they found nothing. They injected fluids between his skin for the day, they didn't want him drinking or eating to help him not throw up again. They did tell me to make him chicken and rice. Last night around 7 or so he walked to his food bowl, so I put 1/4 cup down and he chowed. He ate all of his food this morning, and most of it tonight. They still aren't sure what happened with him yesterday, but he's on an antibiotic for 5 days, so we will see how it turns out. Hopefully he continues to eat. Don't worry we aren't hand feeding him anymore!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 10 1/2 month old bulldog not eating out of bowl anymore, but will eat out of our hands..help!

Oh that is too funny!

"Another trick a friend of mine used was while his dish is on the side pretend your trying some and make a big "yum yum" show of it, then put his bowl down. Leave it while he looks or sniffs then pick it back up and do the "yum, yum" show again. Repeat it 3-4 times each feed. It worked for her within a week. My friend had many problems with her boys, Olde English Sheepdogs, and got a trainer in to help. This was just one trick that worked"

But it works with children also!

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

Yes. Changed to 2x @ day. Bigger dogs don't just need more food.
    I have a year old Bullie Boy that weighs 75 lbs and my Big BOY as an adult weighs 85 lbs ( really 90, but he is on a diet). Neither of these dogs will EVER be the 55-60 lb for a male. My dogs are of the bigger boned European and S.Africa pedigree. So, the weight does not concern me much.

As for feeding from your hands. jsut like others have said, stop.

They will eat when hungry.

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads