HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
hi my name is Carlo and i live in Italy. i am a French bouledogue lover but i have just decided to get Giuseppe Garibaldi -a super cute englis bulldog!- as many of you i am now trying to get the best food for him, but in Italy it seems very difficult to get good dry food... so i was reading all your posts and i have sent e-mail to Fromm, nature logic, Nature's Variety Instict and blu buffalo to ask if they have distributors in Italy .. but im pretty sure they haven't .. so the only food i can find over here at the moment is orijen, artemis, Totw, Enova and Acana. Anyone of you have experience on this food brands? at the moment my choice goes to Acana, but i would like to know if in your opinion Acana is a too complex food.. Tx Carlo

:welcome:

Im feeding TOTW right now... one of the things I like is its interchangeable with the flavors !!!

bully74

Jul 30, 2011
:welcome: Im feeding TOTW right now... one of the things I like is its interchangeable with the flavors !!!
Hi HrsDiva, I beleave Totw uses great ingredients but i also think its formula its too high in protein for my bully pup... this is the main reason why i was more orientated to use Artemis Fresh mix med puppy. does anyone of you has experienced on Artemis? Also if i could find Fromm over here i would surely use this food.. so do you know any Americans shoponline that can ship Fromm over to Italy. many many tx for your help! asa i learn how to post pics i will attach little Garibaldi's ones. ciaoo

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
Reilly is 70 pounds and I switched him to Wellness Simple Solutions Salmon & Rice about 1 1/2 cups a day and he LOVES it! would love for him to drop a few more pounds though.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
She is very active so im not too worried about it... They get more in a raw,guess it all depends on the dog. So far so good :p

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
Heo gets 1-1/3 cup twice a day of Fromm fourstar. for about 3wks now.

He's 18mths old 62lbs but up until the Fromm he was on Beniful then Royal Canine, didn't like what his reactions were to thme but it got him up to this point.

Emma0511

Sep 30, 2013
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Emma is 7 months old weighs 40.6lbs. She eats Diamond Lamb and Rice for Puppies. She eats a cup in the morning and a cup at night. Is she really overweight?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Emma is 7 months old weighs 40.6lbs. She eats Diamond Lamb and Rice for Puppies. She eats a cup in the morning and a cup at night. Is she really overweight?

all dogs are different.... and at 7 months she is still growing. My girl is now 8 and weights 60lbs, but I think she weighted that at 1 year too. at 1 she looked heavy and 8, she looks just wonderful

Emma0511

Sep 30, 2013
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Thank you. She is growing so fast. She weighed 9lbs when we got her lol. Diamond a good brand of food?

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Chesty is on Taste of the wild (Southwest Canyon) I'm about to switch him to either Fromm or Acana he gets about two cups a day he is 13 months and weighs 50.5 pounds.
1240482_10201136714759003_1221337417_n.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor is almost 6 months and I think he weights something like 28-30 pounds now. He's on Acana puppy & junior and he eats three times per day, a total of 2 cups. I'm really not sure how much to give him. The package stipulates about twice that amount for a dog of his age and weight but his tummy seems to do better on less food. We're considering trying some other food with another protein source as his face is a bit red, but overall Acana has been good so far.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lily is 5 days from her 6 months -she was weighed today at 34 lbs! (They grow so quick -from a tiny 9.9lbs at 8 weeks to this!) As from 3 days ago she gets 3/4 of cup twice a day (vet is happy with her weight - looks a bit podgy to me lol)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My dogs are on Prey-Model Raw (prey items, therefore, no plant matter except for what's in green tripe, no dairy, no biscuits, etc.).

I just got back from the Philippines and I was flabbergasted that my brother's dogs are on Kibble with corn as the first ingredient. Fresh meat is super cheap over there! Fresh caught fish and free-range chickens is less than 50 cents a pound over there whereas kibbles are twice the price in the US! And they have maids that feed the dogs. I asked my Mom about it and she said... it's what Americans feed their dogs. Gulp.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Taz... My Olde English Bulldogge is on a prey model Raw Diet. As stated above.. No fruits or veggies, just muscle meat, organ and bone. He is 6 1/2 months and 61 pounds. Beautiful, perfect coat and 0 issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380762085477.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380762085477.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 70

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba gets 2 cups of Fromm Pork and Peas per day day.
Breafkast and Supper.
The breakfast serving include three squirts of Salmon oild (the pink has gone!).
He was getting to be a fatty (60+ lbs at 10 months) so we cut him back from 3 cups to 2 cups per day.
We think the Fromm is awesome food but may be a bit rich and fattening
Even the Yorkie, Shadow, was a wee porker on it.
So be careful not to overfeed.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my two are siblings, they are both 19 months old, and both weigh 45 lbs. Their names are Bulldozer and Blossom.
we feed our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata, because Blossom is allergic to chicken and salmon, and it is a high quality dog food. They get 1 cup in the morning, and 1 cup in the evening. We give them 1 Tbsp. of plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble, and they cooked vegetables on their evening meal, like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or green beans.
For treats they get cut up apples, strawberries, bananas, watermelon, cheese strings, we also put cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday, and Omega oils, Dozer gets salmon oil, and Blossom gets cod liver oil, because she is allergic to salmon. The Fromms Beef costs $100 for a 33lb bag.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.