what do you feed your dog and how much?

OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
looks like gypsy my gypsy is gonna be put on fromm grain free or merrick before grain dog food leaning more towards merrick because i can get it at more stores and its cheaper. and again thak yall very much but keep thoose posts coming i wanna do an averge once it gets 2 about 100 if i can.

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I'm feeding Blue Buffalo chicken and brown rice for the weight conscientious dog. Just bought the 15lb bag for about $30 w/ tax. He weighs 50 lbs but the doc would like him at 45lbs. He's got a smaller frame. He's 20 months old. Feed him about 1 3/4 cup once a day. Meilyr gets some doggie snacks throughout the day. Has the occasional gas but luckily he has no major health issues with his skin, yeast or allergy to chicken. Good hard ! I'm going to incorporate some carrots for treats, he likes them.

Last edited:
OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
cant find the food i wanted in my area so she is now on blue wilderness because its 5 star and every pet store has it in like 4 flavors we already did chicken now were trying duck thanks yall.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@thematt glad you found a food you like. I was going to post that my mom feeds her puppy Nature's Balance LID salmon and sweet potato. She likes it :).

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
brooklyn is 5 months and 2 days old and weighs a little under 30 lbs. she gets 1 cup of natural balance alpha dog trout, salmon meal, & whitefish formula 3 times a day. i also add a pump of salmon oil on her cup of food that she has at lunch time. she also gets cooked ground turkey, dried chicken jerky, and/or blueberries as occasional snacks when we are doing any training (just taught her high 5 yesterday). her food costs $35 for 12.5 lbs.

brandi576

Jun 27, 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
chance
chance is almost 4mos old and gets 1 cup in the morning and one in the afternoon of royal canin..he is almost 20 lbs. Anyone know about this dog food, I know they have the bulldog breed formula food for when he gets into adult dog food

AELFRIC

Jul 4, 2011
I can share with you the high quality branded food specially for bull dogs.Examples of high quality foods to look for:
Wellness, Solid Gold, Canidae All Life Stages, Fromm Four Star, Merrick, GO Natural, Nature's Variety Prairie, Nature's Logic, Artemis Fresh Mix, Timberwolf Organics.
fence for dogs

Last edited:

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I am currently feeding my 2 Taste of the Wild (grain free) high prairie or Pacific Stream. I can buy it in my Town at Tractor Supply. 30lbs costs about $46. Plus they send out email coupons every so often, so last time I had 2 diff. $5 off coupons, the cashier let me use both. So I bought 3 bags for about $36 each, Love a bargain!
Rollie weighs 58 pounds
Winston 61
They get 1 cup in the morning & 1 in the evening

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
Taser get Blue Wilderness and he is 16 weeks and weighs 35lbs.....I let him eat as much as he wants....

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson is 67 lbs and BabyGirl is 55 lbs. They free feed on Nature's Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb. For treats they get carrots and apples and sometimes yogurt.

mosca72

Jul 15, 2011
New Westminster BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Besito
32627b37-3cf8-0ab8.jpg

I eat 1 1/4 cup off natural balance bison LTD in the morning and another one at night and for treats same brand but duck and I am 1 year old and 55 lbs

Last edited:

bully74

Jul 30, 2011
hi my name is Carlo and i live in Italy. i am a French bouledogue lover but i have just decided to get Giuseppe Garibaldi -a super cute englis bulldog!- as many of you i am now trying to get the best food for him, but in Italy it seems very difficult to get good dry food... so i was reading all your posts and i have sent e-mail to Fromm, nature logic, Nature's Variety Instict and blu buffalo to ask if they have distributors in Italy .. but im pretty sure they haven't .. so the only food i can find over here at the moment is orijen, artemis, Totw, Enova and Acana. Anyone of you have experience on this food brands? at the moment my choice goes to Acana, but i would like to know if in your opinion Acana is a too complex food.. Tx Carlo

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of those are good kibble, go with the one with the least amount of protein in it. Usually the fish flavors have less.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus is about 70lbs at 17 months. He gets 3 cups a day total. Right now were in the process of switching from Fromm Beef to Natures Variety Instinct Beef to see if we get better results with his yeasty face.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I have had BeBe not yet a month with that being said... She was 33lbs I think when I found her week 2 she gained 4 lbs (ill have to look it up.)

I wanted to put her on the Formm 4* but decided to try Taste of the Wild wetlands( I can get it localy) . I started with a small bag to mix with the junk food she was getting and she did well... so the next trip I got a med bag of wetlands and a small bag of Salmon and a handful of there can food.. We do veggies a few times a week and yogurt every morning...

I have noticed she has :bad: gas when we went for a car ride... BUT she hasn't detoxed all the way either... so Im taking day by day and see how she does...

Good luck and read the threads they posted and google stuff online too!!!!

ADDITION:

she gets
2 cups in the am with the can ( 1 cup wetlands 1 cup Salmon)
1 cup of dry ( 1/2 cup of each)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.