what do you feed your dog and how much?

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
if everyone could post what their dog is feed along with dogs age and weight would be great i wanna see what the most widely used dog food is also if u can say why u use it and howmuch it cost that would be great k thanks yall.

OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
i feed my dog 3 cups a day purina pro plan selects puppy turkey and barley she is 6 months old and weighs about 33 pounds. its costs like 37$ for 17.5 pounds.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Hello:)! I will tell you right know that Purina is not a very good quality food.We have a list here that will give you a list of the best 5 foods for your dog. Most in this forum feed Fromm which is a great high quality food with a line of treats also. You need to take a look at it and see why these foods are recomended. EB have a very sensitive digestive system and also they suffer from allergies(I should say most) and what you feed your dog is the best way to ensure a healthy system and growth. I feed Mocha Natural Balance limited ingredients formula with no grains,Sweet Potato and fish. Mocha has never suffer from allergies or digestive problems and no stinky farts:whew:!!
I feed her twice a day between 3/4 of a cup and 1 cup. I mix her food with canned NB Sweet Potato & Fish for a little something extra. Of course she gets treats in between. Yogurt is also a good treat as are veggies. Mocha is gonna be 2 in august and weights 50 pounds. I hope I was able to help you and please go check out our section on nutricion and foods.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I feed mine holistic select at the moment. I feed her twice a day so she gets one and 2/3 cups a day. She is 4 and 1/2 and 46 pounds. You will find most on this forum feed Fromm. Some natures variety instinct.

cavbike

May 1, 2011
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angel. Bronco, Casey
I feed all 3 of mine Blue Buffalo Lamb & Brown Rice. Angel is 2 years old and gets 1 1/8 cups twice a day. She weighs 52 pounds and is the fittest bully I have ever seen. Bronco is 20 months and I have had him 2 months. When he arrived he was 68 lbs and had been on Science Diet (4 1/2) cups a day. He is now getting the same amount as Angel and is down to just under 60 pounds. Casey , 17 months, is my small girl at 35 pounds and she gets 7/8 cup twice a day. I feed it because it is free of corn, soy, and wheat, has no artificial colors or preservatives. It is a great source of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which are great for their skin and coat. It also has glocosamine and chondroitin which is great for their joints. All three have a firm stool and no skin issues. As a matter of fact Angel and casey have not had a bath in a year and they do not have any odor and shedding is minimal. And that is confirmed by their nearly daily (5 days a week) exposure to people at their jobs as demonstration dogs for me as a Pet Trainer at PetSmart. Cost is around $47 for a 30 lb bag. Hope the information is helpful.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I feed my dog RAW red meat and or chicken everyday along with veggies and other supplements. I feed him once in the morning and once at night. Bruno is 1 yr 6 months and he is 64 pounds.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stiggy's on the raw diet as well. We change proteins every other day - chicken, turkey, duck, venison, lamb, rabbit, goat and occasionally pork, beef & ostrich. He gets fruits and vegetables moderately and 2 wild alaskan salmon oil gel caps everyday. He just turned 15 months yesterday and he's 47.5 lbs.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos eats 3 cups give or take of Fromm Puppy Gold. It costs around $30 a bag. Going to vet monday to get a new weight, but I'm thinking hes in the early thirtys and is 6 1/2 months old. I think I'm gonna do the beef fritata next order

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie is fed raw,1lb ox heart for breakfast added to that is 2 flaxseed,1 acidophilus,canine puriphy,fresh basil,1 garlic clove,for her supper she gets either 1 chicken back or pork or lamb ribs,sometimes i swap ox heart for chicken breast,pork,lamb,beef,annie has just turned 12 months weight 621bs,it costs in the region of between 30p to 50p per day to feed her sorry i dont know what that converts to in dollars ,karen

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus eats 3-cups of WELLNESS CORE Reduced Fat Grain Free dog food.

He weights 67.3-lbs, and the VET wants him down to 60-lbs.

Maximus will be 18-months old on July 1st.

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is 2, weighs 63 lbs and gets one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening of Nature's Variety Instinct grain/gluten free. He gets a bedtime snack of different fruits, vegetables, and yogurt not all together but a different one each night.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Here is the link to our page that gives you the top 5
English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Our Top 5 Recommended Dog Food Choices

and here is how the different dog foods rank in the dog food ratings
English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

I hope both these pages help, and might explain why you will find a lot of people on here using the Fromm food.

I feed Maggie the Fromm 4* range .... through trial and error I have discovered that she is allergic to the chicken ... she can eat small amounts of chicken but the Fromm Chicken n Veg is just a disaster. I recently went to the local supplier because I ran out earlier than expected and tried the Fromm White fish and Potato. Well it appears that Maggie is allergic to the potato too because we are now battling yeast infections in both ears, her tail pocket and her tear stains like you would not believe. We've found that the best results come from the Fromm grain free flavours .... which are Beef Frittata and the Surf n' Turf. She's been on the Surf n' Turf for two weeks, and she's about to start the salmon which is not grain free but she does well on too.

So you see, even with good food like Fromm ... you still have to be careful in the protein source.

Maggie has 3/4 cup twice a day - she is tiny at 34-35lb.

Daddy is 10 months old now and seems to be able to eat anything. However, the grain free Fromm seems to get rid of his awful smelly gas ... :fart: Also, Maggie showed no signs of allergies until she was over 2 years old so we willl continue to watch Daddy as he gets older.

Daddy gets 1 1/4 cup twice a day, and is still growing. He is currently about 50lb.

We order our food from Fromm ... very reasonable prices, no shipping costs and incredibly fast delivery. Can't recommend them highly enough!!

Last edited:

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I'm currently feeding Penny a mix of Nutro Holistic (she came to us on this from the breeder) & Wellness Super 5 Just for Puppies Mix to switch her to the Wellness. She is eating abour 2 & a third to 2.5 cups a day & weighed 19lbs last week at the vet...16 weeks tomorrow.

Depending on how she does on the Wellness, I will go to Fromm next based on the reviews here. I wanted to try something that I was able to get locally first.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy is 5 months and 32lbs and she eats 2cups twice a day of Fromm Beef Frittata. I also use The Fromm Surf N Turf. Gator is 9 months, weighs 51lbs and eats 1.5 cups twice a day of the same food as Gypsy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online