Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do you feed your dog and how much?

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what do you feed your dog and how much?

Wilson is 67 lbs and BabyGirl is 55 lbs. They free feed on Nature's Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb. For treats they get carrots and apples and sometimes yogurt.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Besito
    Likes (Received)

I eat 1 1/4 cup off natural balance bison LTD in the morning and another one at night and for treats same brand but duck and I am 1 year old and 55 lbs
    Last edited by mosca72; 07-19-2011 at 04:18 AM.

hi my name is Carlo and i live in Italy. i am a French bouledogue lover but i have just decided to get Giuseppe Garibaldi -a super cute englis bulldog!- as many of you i am now trying to get the best food for him, but in Italy it seems very difficult to get good dry food... so i was reading all your posts and i have sent e-mail to Fromm, nature logic, Nature's Variety Instict and blu buffalo to ask if they have distributors in Italy .. but im pretty sure they haven't .. so the only food i can find over here at the moment is orijen, artemis, Totw, Enova and Acana. Anyone of you have experience on this food brands? at the moment my choice goes to Acana, but i would like to know if in your opinion Acana is a too complex food.. Tx Carlo

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All of those are good kibble, go with the one with the least amount of protein in it. Usually the fish flavors have less.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Ruckus is about 70lbs at 17 months. He gets 3 cups a day total. Right now were in the process of switching from Fromm Beef to Natures Variety Instinct Beef to see if we get better results with his yeasty face.

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

I have had BeBe not yet a month with that being said... She was 33lbs I think when I found her week 2 she gained 4 lbs (ill have to look it up.)

I wanted to put her on the Formm 4* but decided to try Taste of the Wild wetlands( I can get it localy) . I started with a small bag to mix with the junk food she was getting and she did well... so the next trip I got a med bag of wetlands and a small bag of Salmon and a handful of there can food.. We do veggies a few times a week and yogurt every morning...

I have noticed she has gas when we went for a car ride... BUT she hasn't detoxed all the way either... so Im taking day by day and see how she does...

Good luck and read the threads they posted and google stuff online too!!!!

ADDITION:

she gets
    2 cups in the am with the can ( 1 cup wetlands 1 cup Salmon)
    1 cup of dry ( 1/2 cup of each)
    Last edited by HrsDiva; 07-30-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Adding more information
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bully74 View Post
    hi my name is Carlo and i live in Italy. i am a French bouledogue lover but i have just decided to get Giuseppe Garibaldi -a super cute englis bulldog!- as many of you i am now trying to get the best food for him, but in Italy it seems very difficult to get good dry food... so i was reading all your posts and i have sent e-mail to Fromm, nature logic, Nature's Variety Instict and blu buffalo to ask if they have distributors in Italy .. but im pretty sure they haven't .. so the only food i can find over here at the moment is orijen, artemis, Totw, Enova and Acana. Anyone of you have experience on this food brands? at the moment my choice goes to Acana, but i would like to know if in your opinion Acana is a too complex food.. Tx Carlo

Im feeding TOTW right now... one of the things I like is its interchangeable with the flavors !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HrsDiva View Post
    Im feeding TOTW right now... one of the things I like is its interchangeable with the flavors !!!
    Hi HrsDiva, I beleave Totw uses great ingredients but i also think its formula its too high in protein for my bully pup... this is the main reason why i was more orientated to use Artemis Fresh mix med puppy. does anyone of you has experienced on Artemis? Also if i could find Fromm over here i would surely use this food.. so do you know any Americans shoponline that can ship Fromm over to Italy. many many tx for your help! asa i learn how to post pics i will attach little Garibaldi's ones. ciaoo

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reilly
    Likes (Received)

Reilly is 70 pounds and I switched him to Wellness Simple Solutions Salmon & Rice about 1 1/2 cups a day and he LOVES it! would love for him to drop a few more pounds though.

Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She is very active so im not too worried about it... They get more in a raw,guess it all depends on the dog. So far so good :-P

Bulldog(s) Names
    Heo
    Likes (Received)

Heo gets 1-1/3 cup twice a day of Fromm fourstar. for about 3wks now.

He's 18mths old 62lbs but up until the Fromm he was on Beniful then Royal Canine, didn't like what his reactions were to thme but it got him up to this point.

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma
    Likes (Received)

Emma is 7 months old weighs 40.6lbs. She eats Diamond Lamb and Rice for Puppies. She eats a cup in the morning and a cup at night. Is she really overweight?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads