Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do you feed your dog and how much?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what do you feed your dog and how much?

Here is the link to our page that gives you the top 5
    English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Our Top 5 Recommended Dog Food Choices

and here is how the different dog foods rank in the dog food ratings
    English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

I hope both these pages help, and might explain why you will find a lot of people on here using the Fromm food.

I feed Maggie the Fromm 4* range .... through trial and error I have discovered that she is allergic to the chicken ... she can eat small amounts of chicken but the Fromm Chicken n Veg is just a disaster. I recently went to the local supplier because I ran out earlier than expected and tried the Fromm White fish and Potato. Well it appears that Maggie is allergic to the potato too because we are now battling yeast infections in both ears, her tail pocket and her tear stains like you would not believe. We've found that the best results come from the Fromm grain free flavours .... which are Beef Frittata and the Surf n' Turf. She's been on the Surf n' Turf for two weeks, and she's about to start the salmon which is not grain free but she does well on too.

So you see, even with good food like Fromm ... you still have to be careful in the protein source.

Maggie has 3/4 cup twice a day - she is tiny at 34-35lb.

Daddy is 10 months old now and seems to be able to eat anything. However, the grain free Fromm seems to get rid of his awful smelly gas ... Also, Maggie showed no signs of allergies until she was over 2 years old so we willl continue to watch Daddy as he gets older.

Daddy gets 1 1/4 cup twice a day, and is still growing. He is currently about 50lb.

We order our food from Fromm ... very reasonable prices, no shipping costs and incredibly fast delivery. Can't recommend them highly enough!!
    Last edited by kazzy220; 06-26-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

I'm currently feeding Penny a mix of Nutro Holistic (she came to us on this from the breeder) & Wellness Super 5 Just for Puppies Mix to switch her to the Wellness. She is eating abour 2 & a third to 2.5 cups a day & weighed 19lbs last week at the vet...16 weeks tomorrow.

Depending on how she does on the Wellness, I will go to Fromm next based on the reviews here. I wanted to try something that I was able to get locally first.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Gypsy is 5 months and 32lbs and she eats 2cups twice a day of Fromm Beef Frittata. I also use The Fromm Surf N Turf. Gator is 9 months, weighs 51lbs and eats 1.5 cups twice a day of the same food as Gypsy.

looks like gypsy my gypsy is gonna be put on fromm grain free or merrick before grain dog food leaning more towards merrick because i can get it at more stores and its cheaper. and again thak yall very much but keep thoose posts coming i wanna do an averge once it gets 2 about 100 if i can.

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

I'm feeding Blue Buffalo chicken and brown rice for the weight conscientious dog. Just bought the 15lb bag for about $30 w/ tax. He weighs 50 lbs but the doc would like him at 45lbs. He's got a smaller frame. He's 20 months old. Feed him about 1 3/4 cup once a day. Meilyr gets some doggie snacks throughout the day. Has the occasional gas but luckily he has no major health issues with his skin, yeast or allergy to chicken. Good hard ! I'm going to incorporate some carrots for treats, he likes them.
    Last edited by Laura M Velazquez; 06-26-2011 at 11:58 PM.

cant find the food i wanted in my area so she is now on blue wilderness because its 5 star and every pet store has it in like 4 flavors we already did chicken now were trying duck thanks yall.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@thematt glad you found a food you like. I was going to post that my mom feeds her puppy Nature's Balance LID salmon and sweet potato. She likes it .

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

brooklyn is 5 months and 2 days old and weighs a little under 30 lbs. she gets 1 cup of natural balance alpha dog trout, salmon meal, & whitefish formula 3 times a day. i also add a pump of salmon oil on her cup of food that she has at lunch time. she also gets cooked ground turkey, dried chicken jerky, and/or blueberries as occasional snacks when we are doing any training (just taught her high 5 yesterday). her food costs $35 for 12.5 lbs.

Bulldog(s) Names
    chance
    Likes (Received)

chance is almost 4mos old and gets 1 cup in the morning and one in the afternoon of royal canin..he is almost 20 lbs. Anyone know about this dog food, I know they have the bulldog breed formula food for when he gets into adult dog food

I can share with you the high quality branded food specially for bull dogs.Examples of high quality foods to look for:
    Wellness, Solid Gold, Canidae All Life Stages, Fromm Four Star, Merrick, GO Natural, Nature's Variety Prairie, Nature's Logic, Artemis Fresh Mix, Timberwolf Organics.
    fence for dogs
    Last edited by AELFRIC; 07-08-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

I am currently feeding my 2 Taste of the Wild (grain free) high prairie or Pacific Stream. I can buy it in my Town at Tractor Supply. 30lbs costs about $46. Plus they send out email coupons every so often, so last time I had 2 diff. $5 off coupons, the cashier let me use both. So I bought 3 bags for about $36 each, Love a bargain!
    Rollie weighs 58 pounds
    Winston 61
    They get 1 cup in the morning & 1 in the evening

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taser
    Likes (Received)

Taser get Blue Wilderness and he is 16 weeks and weighs 35lbs.....I let him eat as much as he wants....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads